Beach Buggy .Info

Beach Buggy Help Zone => Beach Buggy General Help => Topic started by: Steve on March 29, 2014, 03:48:35 PM

Title: FAO Ben
Post by: Steve on March 29, 2014, 03:48:35 PM
Mods, wasnt sure where to stick this, so please feel free to move if needed.

Ben,
how have you got the wiring from your reg plate light through the cage, where does it exit the cage, and then how and where have you run the cable from the cage to the shell without it hanging down etc, etc.
if you get a chance, can you take some shots of where the cable exits and where it runs and how...if you follow that.
cheers. :)
Title: Re: FAO Ben
Post by: Dave DND on March 29, 2014, 06:06:37 PM
Steve,

I run my cables through the cage as well if it helps

(http://www.dndservices.co.uk/pics/Junk/Buggy/dv272.jpg)
Title: Re: FAO Ben
Post by: Steve on March 29, 2014, 06:13:21 PM
cheers Dave.
Im more interested in the part where it exists the cage, how is the cable being run to the buggy tub when it exists the cage, without it hanging in the air at any time.
Title: Re: FAO Ben
Post by: ben_w on March 29, 2014, 07:54:28 PM
Steve, it's more illusion than anything else.

I'll be dead honest, the wiring at the back of the buggy is a bit of a mess. Was a rush job.

Anyhow, I'll explain. The wiring for the rear lights runs down the drivers side of the shell in the tube that's glasses in. As it exits the tube, I spurred off the feed and dropped it straight into the cage. It's by no means neat and tidy, but where it is, you cant really see it unless you stick your head under the shell, where it's then plain to see in all its rushed ugliness.....

Apologies for the purple tinge to the pics. It seems my phone has a known duff sensor which makes night time pics look pink....

(http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd238/ben_wells77/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0460_zpsvaxooyiv.jpg) (http://s222.photobucket.com/user/ben_wells77/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0460_zpsvaxooyiv.jpg.html)

It exits in a joint to make it as inconspicuous as possible.

Running the cable through the cage was an utter pain in the arse. I fed it in at the number plate end and then ended up using a bent paper clip to guide it out of the hole the other end.

I've dome exactly the same with the wiring for the spot lights in my front bumper.
Title: Re: FAO Ben
Post by: Steve on March 29, 2014, 09:37:17 PM
thanks for doing that for me.
The main thing I wanted to know was, what you had done with the cable surrounded in red, (excuse the rubbish marking)
when I mocked mine up as if it was exiting from the cage, I had no where to run the cable up against to make it look tidy.
it bridged from the cage over to the shell, once it reached the shell then no problem.
I just wasnt happy with the loose part hanging in mid air.
mines a little different to yours, I'll try and get a photo up and see if theres any ideas,

Mothers day tomorrow, so we are off to a craft and bakery show (oh joy) so wont be able to get a photo till monday.
I could say, just leave it and the next owner can sort it out if they want, but I would like to get it right if possible.

The other fun thing I have at the moment, is the cage wont pull off.
I'll have to get some WD40 and try and spray the mounts and see if that will help pull it off, other wise Im stuffed for running the cable.
managed to nearly pull the buggy out twice from the garage by pulling on it  ;D..then decided to try it with the hand brake on  ;D

(http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt115/negativepitch/IMAG0460_zpsvaxooyiv.jpg)