Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2018, 05:43:32 PM

Beach Buggy for sale

This is a discussion for the topic Beach Buggy for sale on the board Beach Buggies For Sale.

Author Topic: Beach Buggy for sale  (Read 4006 times)

this user is offline Seizedup

• Exeter
  • Manx
on: April 10, 2017, 06:58:25 PM
For sale, my much loved and admired beach buggy.

Bought as an Albar buggy chassis back in 2008,, I completely refurbished it from the ground up over a two year period. The chassis was taken back to bare metal and re-sprayed using KBS primer and Chassis black paint leaving a durable, shiny, rust fee finish.

At the front a new adjustable beam was fitted with new shocks, brake drums, slave cylinders, master cylinder hoses and pipes. All steering components were re-furbished and ball joints replaced where necessary.

At the rear is a 1600cc TP engine mated to a 1300cc gearbox with new clutch. Its running a standard carb and ignition with dual chrome Mega Cannon exhausts. The fan shroud and minor tinware was powder coated and the rest subtly highlighted with chrome dress-up. All service items have been replaced with new. The rear brakes have been refurbished with new drums, slave cylinders, hoses and pipes.

All metal components have been re-painted and many of the fasteners are stainless steel.

The 'piece de resistance' is the Rob Kilham East Coast Manx shell finished in dazzling metalflake orange. Subtle it is not!. Inside there are two GRP bucket seats on adjustable runners with removable covers for easy cleaning/drying. Speaking of which, it also has a removable bikini hood which is useful for keeping the sun off your bonce during our great British summer.

Continuing with the interior, there is an Flatlands Engineering stainless steel roll hoop fitted with inertial reel seatbelts. A CD/USB radio is fitted with concealed speakers which are just about audible over the racket from the cannons. A new fuel tank was fitted beneath the bonnet finished off with a custom filler cap centrally mounted.

Finishing off the exterior are a set of polished Wolfrace slotmags, 6x14 at the front, 7x15 at the rear, with as new tyres.

The buggy MOT’d and ready to go!.

PM me if you have any questions.
Andy
£4250 ono.

this user is online snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 07:20:49 PM
A nice looking buggy should sell easily at that price.

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 07:45:22 PM
Thats not selling, thats giving it away   :o

Someone is going to get a real bargain with this one  ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline Flags

• Buggy Meister
  • Dorset
  • Orange
Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 09:03:11 PM
Far too cheap at this time of year.

Start at 7K and haggle.

this user is offline Zip Buggy

• Buggy Meister
  • Bourne, Lincs
  • FF Buggy LWB
    • Zip Buddy
Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 10:33:59 PM
Can I buy 4 of your wheel bolts  ;D ;D
Who needs prozac when you can drive a buggy?

this user is offline AndyRobinson

• ... and NO!!! Its not a hairdressers car! ;)
  • Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • Leighton Buzzard
  • '65 Blue Sidewinder
    • www.print465.com - Great Value Print & Design
Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 09:09:53 AM
May be its less money because its a Q plate?

Oh but wait a min, I think there could be a big big advantage to a Q plate one day in the future  ;-)up   ("Can of worms" and all that!)

As said above, way to cheap start and £6K (and more) and come down if necessary. OK it may be hiding something but from that build, those specs and photos etc its worth nearer £7k plus surely?
My Youtube channel
1965 Blue metal flake Sidewinder
Proudly BOUGHT not BUILT .... but rebuilt it anyway!!!

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Meister
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 09:52:21 AM
Oh but wait a min, I think there could be a big big advantage to a Q plate one day in the future  ;-)up   ("Can of worms" and all that!)

Andy.... Q plate..... yep you got this right...  More soon.

this user is offline Merscury

• Buggy Baron
  • Nottingham/Derby
  • Predator
Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 10:07:23 AM
May be its less money because its a Q plate?

As said above, way to cheap start and £6K (and more) and come down if necessary. OK it may be hiding something but from that build, those specs and photos etc its worth nearer £7k plus surely?

Yep you'd think a Q plate and Albar as the manufacturere should have a premium. Amazing how many Q plate buggies are still registered as VW other, VW saloon, VW convertible and even VW Beetle, Just out of curiosity whenever I see one I check to see what they are registered as.
Have fun. Be lucky

this user is offline Damian

• Bolton,
  • Doon LWB - 0025-08
Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 03:35:48 PM
Exeter? Damn, if only you were a bit closer to Lancashire!
There are some days when even my lucky underpants can't help...

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 08:51:09 PM
I understand it sold fast.

this user is offline Seizedup

• Exeter
  • Manx
Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 08:06:46 PM
SOLD

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 09:02:25 PM
Had some luck on the M5 trip home, I notoced a green mat fly up into the screen and back down again in the rear view mirror it did not reappear but on getting home the drivers seat cover had come off and gone into the footwell the green was the foam padding off the seat base flying up. Luckly nothing exited onto the road but it is safely wrapped up on the drive awaiting collection by the new owner.

this user is offline Allan

• Buggy Baron
  • Birmingham
  • Sidewinder
Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 10:18:23 PM
Thank you very much Keith and Dave C for picking it up for me, really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy retirement  ;-)up  ;-)up  ;-)up  ;-)up  ;-)up  ;-)up  ;-)up  ;-)up  ;-)up

this user is offline AndyRobinson

• ... and NO!!! Its not a hairdressers car! ;)
  • Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • Leighton Buzzard
  • '65 Blue Sidewinder
    • www.print465.com - Great Value Print & Design
Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 07:08:53 AM
HANG ON!!!!! :-\

Am I right in reading between the lines here..... Allan hasn't got another buggy has he? Crikey he's had more buggies than Chris Allen, Only Allan and Vanessa have kept all theirs!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
My Youtube channel
1965 Blue metal flake Sidewinder
Proudly BOUGHT not BUILT .... but rebuilt it anyway!!!

this user is offline Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 08:10:39 AM
Yes I think Allan is going for total control of the spectrum but he won't have the whole rainbow until he gets yellow and green ones !
Hugh