Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2021, 06:55:35 PM

Buggy Exhaust

This is a discussion for the topic Buggy Exhaust on the board VW Parts For Sale.

Author Topic: Buggy Exhaust  (Read 3298 times)

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Veteran
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
on: April 03, 2017, 12:10:44 PM

Mike ...  I am searching for a stainless exhaust for my buggy build... The style being discussed here, ie the one fitted to pepsi81`s buggy, comes as close to what I would like  than anything else. I see the twin outlets on each silencer have rolled ends. This I need. Would it be possible, assuming you get sufficient interest in a new run, to add, in my case, stubs and flanges to fit to the standard "hot pipe" to the carb manifold? Single carb set  up, (again to assist with IVA compliance). Finally, and the saddest bit for a buggy builder...  Do you think that I could achieve a maximum noise level at 2000-2500rpm of 99db, (latest IVA requirement). Think I am asking maybe a bit too much from you but if I don`t ask I will never know. regards Paul

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 06:27:39 PM
You could get a collector made 4 into 1 or 4 into 2 then get a single or pair of bike cans with rolled ends and quiet enough for the iva.

• Buggy Veteran
  • MANX SWB
Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 07:17:09 PM
You could get a collector made 4 into 1 or 4 into 2 then get a single or pair of bike cans with rolled ends and quiet enough for the iva.

[/

Hi snoopy.... All suggestions gratefully received... Paul

this user is offline BEELZEDUB

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Lord
  • northants
  • Vulture???????
    • vintage volkshaus custom exhausts
Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 10:00:55 PM
evening Paul, the style that you have shown interest in is a bespoke item and not part of a group buy.

I can build anything you like, with regards to the noise level i'm just not sure that particular style isn't what i would call loud compared to most other styles.

give me an email and we can discus your needs.

many thanks Mike.

• Buggy Veteran
  • MANX SWB
Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 09:16:02 AM

Mike... Thank you for the response.  Give me a moment to take some measurements with regard to the clearances and such. My build has been such a steep learning curve and bears no relation to the GP I built in 1974. With hindsight It would have paid to have been more organized. I have a rear "cage", obtained from flatlands, which I believe to be of a length specifically for cannon`s rather than a merged header system. I have not test fitted this yet so have no idea if a cannon system will be enclosed within the cage or not.

I will email you with as much detail as I can .  Many thanks Paul