Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2018, 04:08:38 AM

Trike moulds

This is a discussion for the topic Trike moulds on the board Toyz For Sale.

Author Topic: Trike moulds  (Read 1978 times)

this user is offline xman

on: January 06, 2017, 10:18:15 AM
Full set of fibreglass trike moulds offered for sale, a one off design which only one set of panels were ever produced. 

The one & only trike built using these panels was mag featured about a year ago and if I can think what mag it was I will let ya'll know.

Its basically a long story and lots of hard graft went into doing all of the design & plug work to enable these moulds to be produced, well I'm clearing the shed and offering them for sale to anyone who wants to make me a reasonable offer,  I'm not looking for silly money and the price would certainly not reflect all of the hard work that went into the design.     If you or you know of anyone interested and would like further info then give me a call on 01945 430604.     

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 10:47:12 AM
Mel,

Can you give at least a "rough" indication of what you would be looking for please? Gives people a good start point to haggle from

Oh, and it helps with the forum Rules too   ;)
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 01:02:28 PM
Mel,

Can you give at least a "rough" indication of what you would be looking for please? Gives people a good start point to haggle from

Oh, and it helps with the forum Rules too   ;)

I wondered if those rules still applied Dave, I make it a point never to read small print :D

Well as for the price, 3 months of plug / development work done by the designer, then all of the dusty gutty work followed by spraying all of the bits & then making a new set of production moulds would normally run into the thousands I'd say, but lets just throw a figure of 800 on em for now and see what happens, I'm guessing nothing but ya never know.     

These are separate mouldings that allow you to build just a bare bones trike by using just the 3 fenders, then you can add the monster fat (harley style) dummy tank which also houses the clocks & switches, followed by the side skirts which sweep out from the rider to the rear of the trike with air ducts, then there is a rear cover.   

Like me I'm guessing many on here are not interested in trikes & just cant see the point, but look at it this way > motorcycling has become extremely popular over the past few years and there are many old aged perishers out there who rode bikes in their youth and long to grab hold of a set of bars once again, twist that throttle open and feel the wind rush through their balding grey matter, but for whatever reason they're unable to do so due to a gammy leg or whatever,   so here is your chance to cash in on these poor ol buggers and start a new business.

Plus you will be helping me clear my shed out!

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 01:31:42 PM
Mel,

Down this way there is a very large Bike community that do a lot for charity etc, which means that they have a following of thousands and are a truly fantastic crowd - (Think of Buggy guys on 2 wheels) - they also have a lot of Trike members amongst them, and I`m wondering if its worth you maybe making a pitch towards them?

B.M.A.D.  Bikers Make A Difference

http://www.bmad.co.uk/
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 05:10:50 PM
Thanks for that Dave, I agree most of the bikers are a good bunch & do a lot for charity.

Will see what happens here first,  I'm negotiable on a deal if anyone is interested.

this user is offline BuggySteve

• Buggy Baron
  • Smalley Derbyshire
  • FF LWB
Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 09:42:39 PM
Any pics Mel?
Orange Peel Yellow FF LWB

Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 11:55:06 PM
Any pics Mel?

Sorry Steve I don't have pics, but I think it was featured in back street heroes issue 381 or so I'm told as I've not seen the mag myself, its a kind of universal thing that can be built around various trike frames & lengths & powered by more or less any engine, the one featured was powered by a ford zetec auto and was built as a trike for a disabled guy, hence being auto & the stretched frame to allow space for a folded wheelchair.       Its easy to laminate, releases really easy and only has one split mould (the tank) so a nice little shed project.     If you want to chat about it anytime or make an offer give me a call.

Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 11:24:34 PM
500 anyone?  gotta be worth a monkey surely.