Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 02, 2021, 08:15:23 AM

Pier Pressure August 22nd - Going Home: Swansea > Oldbury

This is a discussion for the topic Pier Pressure August 22nd - Going Home: Swansea > Oldbury on the board Pier Pressure 2016.

Author Topic: Pier Pressure August 22nd - Going Home: Swansea > Oldbury  (Read 4249 times)

this user is offline Chad

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Kempsey, Worcestershire
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
Pier Pressure - Cruising Against Cancer

For those of you not yet up to speed with my Charity Run around the Country, please read here   http://www.pierpressure2016.co.uk/index.html

Monday August 22nd (Day 11 of 10)

Not an official pier visiting day but we do need to get our machines and bodies back home. We aim to finish our epic trip back where we started in Oldbury Town Centre, making one hell of a story to tell our grand kids. More importantly we hope we have collected a good amount of donations for our charities and managed to promote the causes of these marvellous institutions.

If you are in this area today, then I could really do with some help and support. If you have any official contacts that may be of use, then please let me know. If you know anyone in the local groups of the Breast cancer Care or Cancer Research Charities that we are supporting, Newspapers, Local media, local radio, Mayors, anyone official that is up for a photo shoot, or even rent-a-crowd to cheer us on, then can you get them to the piers for our photo shoots? If you have a Buggy and want to join us for todays cruise, then we would love to have you on board, the more the merrier.

Obviously, you can see that with what we are trying to accomplish, it does mean that we are very limited on time, so any drinks or refreshments that you can pass in the direction of the team would be very much appreciated, and silly things like pointing out where the nearest toilet stops are can really save us a lot of time.

Hopefully we will not need any, but it would be useful to know if anyone has any workshop facilities or tools nearby in case of emergency repairs.

And finally, its all about the money - every single penny counts, and it could be that one penny that makes the difference

So please, if you have not yet done so, then please click here:

http://www.justgiving.com/teams/pierpressure2016

Look forward to cruising with you
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 10:42:37 PM by Dave DND »
The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 08:02:40 AM
Chad, George, Ruth and Alex presently at Travelodge Swansea and planning to set off forSandwell at 9.30. Having spent time with them yesterday I have to salute their resolve and acheivement even if they clearly are ready to end the daily mixture of new sights, supportive buggys, generous donators and almost endless winding road.

Nearly 60 buggys have joined them on legs so far and each got a sticker and increases funds so still time to join in, be at Sandwell Council at the end (hoped to be c 1.30pm) and donate. Idea is to try and gather even more donations over next few weeks. 
Hugh

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 08:20:40 AM
A truly fantastic achievement by everyone involved.

Chad & Ruth must be especially proud for what they have achieved, and Alex is going to have an amazing story to tell his classmates when he returns to school - But for me, the real star of this trip must be George, who has followed every step of the way from the initial concept, to every mile of tarmac right around the country - that really is a best mate.

I am especially humbled to have been allowed to be a part of this epic trip, as I know is everyone else who has either joined in, watched, and especially those who have donated.

And on that note, it would be great if we could boost the coffers again for the safe return of the 2 Buggies.

You can donate here

http://www.justgiving.com/teams/pierpressure2016

;-)up

And I am looking forward to the full Story that unfolds when Chad finally wakes from his long earned sleep in a few weeks time     :D
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is online snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 08:32:00 AM
Fully agree with you on that Dave, what is next a book then a film perhaps adding as seen on the big screeen would please DC.

Dental here at 10.35 after loosing fillings and breaking a tooth or 2, may be able to get to the Sandwell finish line.

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 08:35:18 AM
You are right Dave - George shows signs of running on or near empty and Alec is exceptionally well behaved given the long eventful unpredictable days filled with mostly adults.

Chad said last night he felt bad about mussing a couple of days updating progess and thought 'another time' 2 drivers plus a support vehicle with perhaps Snowy and Jazz who could help marshall and provide updates for us all.

I think there will be many stories that gradually emerge beyond the bare impressive facts.

Hugh

this user is offline Flags

• Buggy Meister
  • Dorset
  • Orange
Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 08:39:50 AM
I've got to say a Big BIg BIG well done to you 4, gutted that I had to miss the One Night Only but looking forward to the UTube video.

The big question is what's next then Chad?

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 08:40:53 AM
Yes Snoopy PierPressure thd movie with a cast of 100 buggys - it could be a high grossing family entertainment film. Perhaps someone should approach Dave C's agent to find out his availability?

Glad you got back ok yesterday although thd traffic looked tedious around Bristol. Dave Dream cracked his points making a noise in a tunnel but then demonstrated how he had 101 relevant tools and spares in a roadside master class in light rain.
Hugh

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 08:44:37 AM
Flags I think Chad would quite like to see others try to copy their acheivement but with tweaks to ease the driver strain. Obvious first off is sleep and re charging their batteries yet its clear they want to push for the absolute max in fund raising before their acheivement news fades from peoples minds.

Hugh

this user is offline Doon L001

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • Nr Leek Staffordshire
  • DOON LWB
Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 09:52:15 AM
I want to know what they ae taking to stay so cheerful was drained after 1 day of it

Well done guys - epic
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"

this user is offline Doon L004

• Beach Buggy
  • Rutland, UK
  • LWB Doon, L004-03
    • Doon L004
Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 10:44:59 PM
I have to agree with Dave ( Doon L001 ) Linda and I did 220 miles to support Chad, Ruth, Alex and George between Hunstanton and Cromer and were totally wrecked by the time we got home, so I can not imagine how I would feel after 2500 miles in 10 days.

A fantastic achievement

Chris and Linda

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 08:52:04 AM
I tagged along with Chad & George from Swansea Travelodge on Monday morning east along the rain swept M4 then north up to Brecon

and east to Leominster where the sun and countryside shone

Before we knew it Dave Dream, Vicky & Keith and Dave C & Gail had joined as we swung into Sandwell's reception

flags waving, cameras clicking and a happy looking Mayor welcomed the valiant Chad, Ruth, Alex and George

Then it was all over and almost a sense of let down as the whole 10 day journey had not only raised thousands of pounds but stirred up buggys to come out to play and massive goodwill in all corners of Great Britain...

Hugh