Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 02, 2021, 07:15:12 AM

Pier Pressure August 21st - Barnstaple > Weston > Swansea

This is a discussion for the topic Pier Pressure August 21st - Barnstaple > Weston > Swansea on the board Pier Pressure 2016.

Author Topic: Pier Pressure August 21st - Barnstaple > Weston > Swansea  (Read 7670 times)

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 08:38:06 AM
At least you caught up with Chad and George, lucky my guess work route out of Clevedon to the M5 worked ok but once on the way I had no idea who was further behind you 2 until they went up the inside of me onto the 49.

this user is offline Flags

• Buggy Meister
  • Dorset
  • Orange
Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 08:42:02 AM
I see 4 of you going the other way on the M49, did you meet up with Dai at Magor services?

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 08:58:24 AM
I think Dai joined directly at Clevedon. It all got a bit fragmented in the traffic and poor weather after Clevedon. Chad and went to Bristol lossing Carl who headed straight over 4th Bridge followed by Dave D, Hazel and me as Snoopy headed north. Somewhere behind was Dai,Wilf... We all re grouped at Mumbles as the grot cleared and final photos were taken.
Hugh

this user is offline madmatt

• Buggy Obsessed
  • bath/frome
  • sidewinder
Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 10:36:30 AM
As usual i didn't have a clue what was going on at those motorway roundabouts,buggys everywhere. Rain,i'm going home. I had to drive down in third to keep revs up so wasn't looking forward to the same home in rain. Met some new buggers,nice.  :D
The more you know,the more you know you don't know

this user is offline ChinaShop

• Beach Buggy
  • Frenchay, Bristol
  • 1972 ultramarine blue swb Jas
Reply #19 on: August 22, 2016, 10:39:50 AM
Well done to those brave enough to make it to Swansea, I have to confess that we wimped out and bailed at Avonmouth, the rain, wind, motorway, roof and steering wheel combination meant that the temptation of home being only 15 minutes away was just too great.  ;)
It all takes time, time is money, money talks and talk is cheap

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #20 on: August 22, 2016, 05:28:19 PM
Yes Matt the conditions were poor and you didn't have any form of roof to reduce the weather abuse mixed in with heavy'ish traffic. When it gets really wet I suspect even Sarah's woolly hat isn't going to provide enough cheer...
Hugh

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #21 on: August 22, 2016, 08:01:56 PM
A nice day until  the Clevedon rain was good to put more faces to logins, must admit I also forgot the Chad and George were detouring into Bristol.

this user is offline Hazel

• Buggy Veteran
  • Birmingham
  • mk1 GP
    • Beach Buggy Brummies
Reply #22 on: August 22, 2016, 09:22:40 PM
Wondered what happened to you - when you turned off the M4 I nearly followed you but gambled Carl was on the right route and you were off to B&Q again! Yes the rain was grim so wise decision to not push your luck. Wilf lost all his electrics on that leg due to blown fuse so was lucky to struggle through to Mumbles.

I tried to signal/wave you on. You know me, when I spot a B&Q - I'm there!!  ;D  Yeah, I have no idea either. Sorry I left you.
Remember happiness is a way of travel, not a destination!

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #23 on: August 22, 2016, 09:36:27 PM
Well the main thing is you and your buggy - and Oh Miller too - are safe. Great effort getting down to Clevedon.

Did you buy something for Dave C in B&Q ?
Hugh

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #24 on: August 23, 2016, 08:36:05 AM
I don't do Facebook - which I am sure has a swathe of excellent PierPressure images - so will put a few here.

Snoopy, Carl & Dylis and I joined Chad & George just outside Bridgewater and almost immediately pulled into an American classic car show which Paul had helped arrange along with cakes.

I know they aren't buggys but a few had to be snapped.

A 'brother' for Dave DNDs van.

A master class from Dave Dream on changing your cracked points (the previous tunnel had pushed the metal beyond its tolerance !). It was lightly raining and a top tip from Dave is after working - a fantastic array of quickly deployed tools and spares - always put a couple of sheets of high absorbent towel in each spanner box.

The piers had a degree of sameness in the Welsh drizzel but most had free loos.

Hugh

this user is offline Chad

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Kempsey, Worcestershire
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
Reply #25 on: August 23, 2016, 08:44:34 AM
Yes really sorry if we lost a few for a while after Clevedon. We had always planned to cross over the Clifton Suspension Bridge, another master class of Victorian Engineering but really couldnt see anything out the roofs in the drizzle. Luckily we did find you all again at Penarth with a couple of new arrivals in Dai and Wilf.

Weston to Clevedon did mean a necessary one junction jaunt on teh motorway - sorry we lost you Matt but it was good to meet you. And Mick and Hazel I don't blame you heading home, the rain in Wales got bloody awful especially between Penarth and Mumbles. Wilf did amazing especually as he lost his wipers and lights on the way  :o

Mick I did see you near clifton as we came down off the bridge to head back along the gorge, you passed us at the junction  :D

Thanks again on all those who made it out and back again to support us  - you will never undertsand how greatful we all are for you help and support,

Chad Ruth Alex and George
The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #26 on: August 23, 2016, 10:05:06 AM
'Twas my fault we lost you out of clevedon the car in front of me stopped to let the oncoming traffic through for ages mins and you the time he turned off and I got up to speed you were miles ahead. Still a worth while day trip in support of your mega cruise Chad