Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 02, 2021, 06:57:03 AM

Pier Pressure August 19th - Isle of Wight > Swanage > Exeter

This is a discussion for the topic Pier Pressure August 19th - Isle of Wight > Swanage > Exeter on the board Pier Pressure 2016.

Author Topic: Pier Pressure August 19th - Isle of Wight > Swanage > Exeter  (Read 5955 times)

this user is offline Chad

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Kempsey, Worcestershire
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
Pier Pressure - Cruising Against Cancer

For those of you not yet up to speed with my Charity Run around the Country, please read here   http://www.pierpressure2016.co.uk/index.html

Friday August 19th (Day 8 of 10)

The busiest pier day of the while trip. 9 piers including 3 on the Isle of Wight. Then its back on the IOW ferry and back to Swanage just a couple of weeks since we were last there before. The day ends in Ottery St Mary where, because there isn't enough to do,  Chad will be playing a 10 year re-union gig with his band in aid of the charities too.

Piers visited

39. Sandown (I.O.W)  40. Totland Bay (I.O.W)  41. Yarmouth (I.O.W)  42. Hythe   43. Boscombe  44. Bournemouth 
45. Swanage  46. Weymouth Bandstand  47. Weymouth Pleasure

That evening we will be stopping with our friends at their house near Ottery St Mary.

However, we have arranged camping at a nearby friends farm field for anyone wanting to come to the gig. The farm is in easy walking distance to the football club and facilities will be very basic (basically a porta loo).

If you are in this area today, then I could really do with some help and support. If you have any official contacts that may be of use, then please let me know. If you know anyone in the local groups of the Breast cancer Care or Cancer Research Charities that we are supporting, Newspapers, Local media, local radio, Mayors, anyone official that is up for a photo shoot, or even rent-a-crowd to cheer us on, then can you get them to the piers for our photo shoots? If you have a Buggy and want to join us for todays cruise, then we would love to have you on board, the more the merrier.

Obviously, you can see that with what we are trying to accomplish, it does mean that we are very limited on time, so any drinks or refreshments that you can pass in the direction of the team would be very much appreciated, and silly things like pointing out where the nearest toilet stops are can really save us a lot of time.

Hopefully we will not need any, but it would be useful to know if anyone has any workshop facilities or tools nearby in case of emergency repairs.

And finally, its all about the money - every single penny counts, and it could be that one penny that makes the difference

So please, if you have not yet done so, then please click here:

http://www.justgiving.com/teams/pierpressure2016

Look forward to cruising with you
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 08:14:27 PM by Chad »
The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk

this user is offline Flags

• Buggy Meister
  • Dorset
  • Orange
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 07:17:41 PM
We are going to meet up with you once off the Isle of Wight mate and do the whole day if that's OK?  Access to Beetle Magic if you need anything too.

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 07:19:13 PM
Fab news buddy. Will be nice to cruise
The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
To add an extra bit of pressure to our challenge I will now also be playing a one off reunion gig with my old band (Waiting for Bonaparte) in Ottery St Mary, Devon on the night of Friday 19th August - Pier Pressure Day 8.

Having retired from gigging some 10 years ago, we are busy trying to arrange a few rehearsals to blow off the cobwebs and learn at least a night's worth of music. Made slightly more difficult in that 2 of the old members now live in Devon whilst the other 4 of us still live in the West Midlands. I'm sure it will be alright on the night.

All proceedings from the gig will be going directly to our chosen Pier Pressure charities.

Why not come along, no tickets needed, just pay on the door.

Ottery St Mary football club - EX11 1EL. 7:30 ish start (depending on the traffic on that day  ;D))

The buggies will also be on show at the car park too...

The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk

this user is offline big bad dom

• sandford
  • ruska
Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 10:32:34 PM
Chad.

Someone pointed out to me this evening that the Friday you are here it is the Bournemouth air show so boscombe and Bournemouth will be busy along the sea front. We're you aware of this in the timings. Dom

this user is offline big bad dom

• sandford
  • ruska
Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 11:01:41 PM
It would appear that the roads along the sea front are closed to traffic from 8 am through 11pm. 

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 12:20:12 AM
Hi Dom,

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like some phone calls tomorrow then  :D 

I really didn't know when I did the original dates as we are due to finish the challenge on the day of Ruth's Dad's anniversary of his passing from cancer (22nd August). That Friday is becoming more and more of a challenge.

It looks like we may be able to get near Boscombe but Bournemouth will be more of a challenge. Possibly just some quick snaps near the piers and move on rather than hang about in this area. The road slook shut between the two but not actually at the piers themselves.

Chad

The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 10:46:33 PM
Planning to meet with you at the Texaco Fuel stop in Sandford, and hoping to be accompanied by Ian Stent from Complete Kit Car Magazine, who will also cruise back to the evening Gig in Ottery.

Anyone else from the South / South West fancy doing this bit and heading over that direction with me  ???
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Buggy Meister
  • Dorset
  • Orange
Reply #8 on: August 17, 2016, 10:05:22 PM
I was planning to do the whole leg from when they get off the Isle Dave but I won't know until tomorrow if I can still have all day Fri off work as we have 2 off sick and a couple away on holidays.
If I can't then I'll meet at Sanford or on the way through.

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 01:10:33 AM
Hi Flags / Dave.
Bern loving and Hythe pier has a small car park out front (4 cats) and is really only a ferry ticket office.
As the air festival is on in Boscombe and Bournemouth I have got permission for George and myself to get through the barriers to bosco.be bug not Bournemouth. Also taken Schain link out the equation and heading around.
So Swanage probably best meeting place or after. Don't know the petrol station you guys are talking about ;-)
Ard you still camping Friday night? Mar tg the guitarist had 3 or 4 tents he will put up in his back garden fir folk. Just need to know if you want one put up?
The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 07:50:45 AM
Hi Flags / Dave.
Don't know the petrol station you guys are talking about

I think we were both looking at No:22 on your daily schedule

22 - FUEL STOP - TEXACO SANDFORD  -  15:28pm

Which I took to be  Sandford Rd, Wareham, Poole BH20 7AG   ???

PS - I will not be camping, but will head home after your gig
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 08:21:40 AM by Dave DND »
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Buggy Meister
  • Dorset
  • Orange
Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 12:08:36 PM
Shame about Bournemouth but not for the lack of trying, do you need anything bringing for running repairs or any tinkering?
I'm planning to camp so I can have a couple of sherbets and enjoy your performance but can bring my own small tent if needed?

Ollie is trying to get on top at work so he can make it from Swanage onwards and possibly stay too but it will mean an early start on Sat to get back as he is flat out.

Either way we will see you at Swanage.

this user is offline Merscury

• Buggy Lord
  • Nottingham/Derby
  • Predator
Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 06:59:40 PM
I'll be waiting to greet you at Weymouth pleasure beach pier, well done on your progress so far and see you tomorrow
Have fun. Be lucky

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 08:09:31 PM
Hi all.

OK Dave I'll make sure we stop there. Generally only needed every other stop so far so I will stop there.

Flags. There are 3 tents already erected today so no need to bring yours, just your sleeping gear.

And Paul. See you there ;)
The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk