Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 02, 2021, 08:12:36 AM

Pier Pressure August 18th - Dover > Southampton > Isle Of Wight

This is a discussion for the topic Pier Pressure August 18th - Dover > Southampton > Isle Of Wight on the board Pier Pressure 2016.

Author Topic: Pier Pressure August 18th - Dover > Southampton > Isle Of Wight  (Read 4480 times)

this user is offline Chad

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Kempsey, Worcestershire
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
Pier Pressure - Cruising Against Cancer

For those of you not yet up to speed with my Charity Run around the Country, please read here   http://www.pierpressure2016.co.uk/index.html

Thursday August 18th (Day 7 of 10)

The piers are now coming thick and fast. 9 more today all along the south coast.
The shortest day in terms of distance (but not time!) with a nice trip on the ferry over to the Isle of Wight to end the day.

Piers visited

30. Hastings  31. Eastbourne  32. Brighton  33. Worthing  34. Bognor Regis   35. Southsea South Parade  36. Southsea Clarence  37. Southampton Royal  38. Ryde

That evening we will be staying at;

The Dorset Hotel
31 Dover St,
Ryde
PO33 2BW
Phone: 01983 564327

And for those wanting to join us we will be taking the;

7:15pm Red Funnel Ferry
From Southampton to East Ryde
http://www.redfunnel.co.uk

If you are in this area today, then I could really do with some help and support. If you have any official contacts that may be of use, then please let me know. If you know anyone in the local groups of the Breast cancer Care or Cancer Research Charities that we are supporting, Newspapers, Local media, local radio, Mayors, anyone official that is up for a photo shoot, or even rent-a-crowd to cheer us on, then can you get them to the piers for our photo shoots? If you have a Buggy and want to join us for todays cruise, then we would love to have you on board, the more the merrier.

Obviously, you can see that with what we are trying to accomplish, it does mean that we are very limited on time, so any drinks or refreshments that you can pass in the direction of the team would be very much appreciated, and silly things like pointing out where the nearest toilet stops are can really save us a lot of time.

Hopefully we will not need any, but it would be useful to know if anyone has any workshop facilities or tools nearby in case of emergency repairs.

And finally, its all about the money - every single penny counts, and it could be that one penny that makes the difference

So please, if you have not yet done so, then please click here:

http://www.justgiving.com/teams/pierpressure2016

Look forward to cruising with you
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 12:21:43 AM by Chad »
The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk

this user is offline juicylucy

• Beach Buggy
  • Abinger Common, Dorking, Surrey
  • Californian
A few from sdbc will be joining you along this part, it is going to be fantastic  ;-)up

this user is offline Chad

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Kempsey, Worcestershire
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
Fantastic  ;-)up
The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk

this user is offline AndyRobinson

• ... and NO!!! Its not a hairdressers car! ;)
  • Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • Leighton Buzzard
  • '65 Blue Sidewinder
    • www.print465.com - Great Value Print & Design
Yep.... fingers crossed Im hoping to make it around to there starting at Cleethorpes/Skeggy ;)
My Youtube channel
1965 Blue metal flake Sidewinder
Proudly BOUGHT not BUILT .... but rebuilt it anyway!!!

this user is offline Jim73vw

• Worthing, West Sussex
  • 72 Apal
HI all,

Anyone down South planning to join this day?

I am aiming to head over from Worthing early to meet the team at either Eastbourne or Hastings and then join them in the run back home.

Anyone else out and about?
All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member
SDBC Member
GRRC Member

T5 camper
Subaru based Nova kit car
Ex buggy owner (GT, Bugle, Apal)

this user is offline ruben

• Buggy Addict
  • 1 meter below sea level
  • hotrod sportscar
what a day!
 after the late arival yesterday just before midnight, and the beckfast they prommised not being there. whe started up an headded for the first pier of the day.(oke a fuel stop at the clifs of dover)
over at hastings they let the buggys on the pier and scoored a breckfast. and a mutch needed coffey. (sorry its not an adiction, i just need it.)
slight overcast and practicly no wind. could be worse :D

as im the wuss in the campervan, il gladley admit i brougt the wrong car, again. in my defence as its topgear rules apply, a woking reliable car is a perk.

the driving on the wrong side is not that bad, and i grown acustomed to it. exept for the massive blindspot on my right hand side.

cannot even recall all the stunning roads we've seen today, all the twistys and roalercoster like turns. i think i get why you're all so proud of britain. and why you dont mind the rain so mutch.
i'd be two.
its stunning to see this mutch, even if its at speed. luckaly iv fettled with the vans motor otherwise it be a hard job keeping up.

sitting here on a camping in netly abbey after making a meal for myself tiyping this on a crappy tablet keboard without spelchek (witch i rely heavely opon, sorry for mangaling your language)

ive got a o2 sim in the phone for data and the odd cry for help so if you need me im on
075 100 363 71. tho whatsap stubbornly insists on being dutch. and not working on gb numbers
"Yes Ruben, you are indeed a Championship Tosser" DnD, september 2016
Remember kids, polyglotism will get you nowhere

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
No worries Ruben, your Engrish is till much better than most on here  ;D

Hope to catch up with you tomorrow, and have even cleaned the house (not that you would notice) ready for your visit.  ;-)up

Not sure what you are expecting to see out of a Torquay Hotel bedroom window though 

;D

01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Buggy Addict
  • hotrod sportscar
you mean still shirly...

or is it shurly, i forget.

seareusley call me im alone here :'(
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 08:18:49 PM by ruben »

this user is offline chrisbarker

• Buggy Lord
  • Abinger Dorking
  • lwb gt
great to meet you today buddy
the arc built by Amateurs,the titanic built by professionals nuff said

this user is online snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Had a 30min chat with Rubens earlier, good to know he his enjoying his trip over here but his lefthand drive van causes problems with vision at roundabouts so watch out if you come across him pushing hard to keep up with the buggies.

• Buggy Addict
  • hotrod sportscar
Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 10:24:10 PM
she's a big girl, but she can boogy,  8) il take my time.

likewise, met a lot of nice people today
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 10:26:41 PM by ruben »