Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 04, 2021, 03:10:27 PM

Pier Pressure August 15th - Berwick Upon Tweed > Whitby > Skegness

This is a discussion for the topic Pier Pressure August 15th - Berwick Upon Tweed > Whitby > Skegness on the board Pier Pressure 2016.

Author Topic: Pier Pressure August 15th - Berwick Upon Tweed > Whitby > Skegness  (Read 6741 times)

this user is offline Chad

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Kempsey, Worcestershire
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
Pier Pressure - Cruising Against Cancer

For those of you not yet up to speed with my Charity Run around the Country, please read here   http://www.pierpressure2016.co.uk/index.html

Monday August 15th (Day 4 of 10)

Back into England and heading down the East Coast. Once again, only 2 piers to visit today so there is time for some additional visits. We will try out the unique Transporter Bridge across the river Tees in Middlesborough and pop along to Whitby Abbey (Ruth has always wanted to go there!), before crossing the Humber Bridge and finishing the day in Skegness.

Piers visited

13. Saltburn  14. Cleethorpes  15.Skegness

Those wanting a place for the night, we will stopping at the;

Grosveor Hotel
1 N Parade,
Skegness
PE25 2TE
01754 763376

If you are in this area today, then I could really do with some help and support. If you have any official contacts that may be of use, then please let me know. If you know anyone in the local groups of the Breast cancer Care or Cancer Research Charities that we are supporting, Newspapers, Local media, local radio, Mayors, anyone official that is up for a photo shoot, or even rent-a-crowd to cheer us on, then can you get them to the piers for our photo shoots? If you have a Buggy and want to join us for todays cruise, then we would love to have you on board, the more the merrier.

Obviously, you can see that with what we are trying to accomplish, it does mean that we are very limited on time, so any drinks or refreshments that you can pass in the direction of the team would be very much appreciated, and silly things like pointing out where the nearest toilet stops are can really save us a lot of time.

Hopefully we will not need any, but it would be useful to know if anyone has any workshop facilities or tools nearby in case of emergency repairs.

And finally, its all about the money - every single penny counts, and it could be that one penny that makes the difference

So please, if you have not yet done so, then please click here:

http://www.justgiving.com/teams/pierpressure2016

Look forward to cruising with you
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 12:07:07 AM by Chad »
The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk

this user is offline Buggybaggy

• Edit Enabled
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Leeds
  • Mk2 Volksrod
Make sure you take in Marine Drive in Scarborough, which I guess you already know about.  ;-)up

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
Steve I will take a look but pretty sure we are heading that way.

Looks like a great excuse and deadline to get your buggy done.. ;-)up We could sponsor that challenge too  ;D
The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk

• Edit Enabled
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Leeds
  • Mk2 Volksrod
Steve I will take a look but pretty sure we are heading that way.

Looks like a great excuse and deadline to get your buggy done.. ;-)up We could sponsor that challenge too  ;D

Cheeky oik  :D    Good point though.  As I'm between jobs at the moment I cannot commit to being free that week to support in any form of transport.  But you never know, you might see my buggy's debut on that leg of you tour.  (don't hold your breath though!)

this user is offline ConradKirk16

• Rotherham
how can we get involved on this day please > Me and my partner would love to do this leg

thanks

this user is offline Shaggy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • midlands
  • Limited edition Californian
PM Chad on here and I'm sure he will advise you on what's needed. Every little helps  :D
I'm in my buggy,
It's raining,
I really don't care.

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
Hi Conrad,

Please come along and join in.

There are two buggies doing the whole 10 day trip but we are being joined by loads of other buggers as we pass around the country.

Basically we are hoping to make this one massive cruise against cancer, and aim to promote the charities we are supporting whikst collecting donnations too.

So the more buggies on any one day will obviously attract more attention.

I am currently working through the detailed daily itinaries and will post them up on her as soon as they are done.

Would be good to meet up.

Chad

The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk

• Edit Enabled
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Leeds
  • Mk2 Volksrod

I am currently working through the detailed daily itinaries and will post them up on her as soon as they are done.

I'm intending to go and give a bit of support on this leg.  When you have an idea of times I'll see where I'll be able to meet up with you.  ;-)up

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
Funny you should say that.

Have been working on daily schedules this week and will have all done by the weekend.

The trip has changed slightly as we will be ending the day in Skegness now due to a kind offer by Grosvenor Hotel to put us up for free  ;-)up

I will add the amended map too later in the week.

So here is the daily schedule for day 4

The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk

• Edit Enabled
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Leeds
  • Mk2 Volksrod
That's going to be a hell of a day for you.

I know you are scheduled for the Tees Transporter at about 11.30, but bear in mind it closes for lunch from 12.00 - 13.00 so don't be late!

this user is offline AndyRobinson

• ... and NO!!! Its not a hairdressers car! ;)
  • Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • Leighton Buzzard
  • '65 Blue Sidewinder
    • www.print465.com - Great Value Print & Design
Remember stop 29 for laundry at Andy R's Mums!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
My Youtube channel
1965 Blue metal flake Sidewinder
Proudly BOUGHT not BUILT .... but rebuilt it anyway!!!

• Rotherham
me and the missies will be joining you on this leg for the full day. Just had test trip and done well so we will be there. We are looking at staying at the travellodge on the sunday night so ready in morning

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
Hi Buddy.

That sounds brilliant, will be good to meet up.

Chad
The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk

• Rotherham
Hi Buddy.

That sounds brilliant, will be good to meet up.

Chad
will be great . How can I get just giving to work so I can raise some money please

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
Hi Bud,

I just went on the just giving site and followed the instructions on there to set up my page.

Well actually Pier Pressure 2016 is a team page made up of three sub pages for each of the three charities we are supporting.

Hope that helps.

Chad
The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk