Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2019, 12:24:50 PM

The story so far

This is a discussion for the topic The story so far on the board Members Buggies.

Author Topic: The story so far  (Read 22753 times)

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #135 on: March 11, 2019, 02:19:19 PM
had a chat with Allan friday or saturday if you need us.

this user is offline Badger

• Buggy Baron
  • Bentley, Walsall
  • GP Ranchero
Reply #136 on: March 11, 2019, 09:45:14 PM
got the friday off mate,
gaskets and trim shoud get here tmorra also the aero cap. still gotta sort a 90 deg and 45deg fuel hose bends and a flexi pipe might as well do it properly,, measured the old full length flexi wich the ends have torn and i'm sure had a leak on it and its longer than most suppliers sell lengths (670mm sell in 500mm lengths), fuel tank went in this mornin fella took one look at it and gave the the 50/50 wether it will survive the acid bath  >:( got another tank here but the corners arnt scalloped and my luck it would be just as rusty as the buggys.

• Buggy Baron
  • Bentley, Walsall
  • GP Ranchero
Reply #137 on: March 13, 2019, 08:08:50 PM
So the tank maded it with flying colours,, i didnt think it was as bad as the guy made out,, brazed the old return pipe off and 2 day acid bath 80 not too bad i think, now i can order the new filler pipes. Roof art finally finished tonight and 3 layers of laqure to seal it off (just enough time for it to harden enough for the show i think),, put some rainbow flake in with the silver this time to give even more zing to it lol

so tomorrow evenings job is to 2nd cut bonnet and body ready for ploish then a 4 day weekend of pulling my hair out  ;D
Rich.

this user is offline JohnnyV

• Bristol
  • Volksrod MK6
Reply #138 on: March 13, 2019, 09:37:17 PM
That an amazing finish you have achieved, can't wait to see the finished car ;-)up

this user is online Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #139 on: March 13, 2019, 10:11:48 PM
Stunning . . .

. . . . Just Stunning !!  ;-)up ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #140 on: March 15, 2019, 04:13:59 PM
A few hours today with Badger and Allan and it has moved on well body fitted most wiring done, dash and lights fitted. Must say for a flake paint job in a tight garage space at home the result is very even and deep, For a first attempt with flake  ;-)up

this user is online pepsi81

• Buggy Meister
  • Whitehaven, Cumbria
  • Purple GP 2
Reply #141 on: March 15, 2019, 08:13:35 PM

Love it 🥰

• Buggy Baron
  • Bentley, Walsall
  • GP Ranchero
Reply #142 on: March 15, 2019, 08:32:19 PM
thanks for the comments guys,,
a massive thanks to keith and alan today for helping move things along especially refiting the body as it was such a struggele to get the body streched enough to get some of the bolts in and the last of the engine wireing that was giving me headaches, its now at the point where as soon as i get my steering column back i can pop the tank in and she should be ready for her first fire up in 3 years  ;-)(-;  ;-)(-;
still pleanty of fettleing to do but most of it should just be bolt on and adjust things.
Rich.

• Buggy Baron
  • Bentley, Walsall
  • GP Ranchero
Reply #143 on: March 16, 2019, 01:57:23 PM
went to kingfishers to pick up me colum bits,, forgot to get a new boss nut, the new size splines needs a slightly smaller nut to hold it all together  ::) ::)

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #144 on: March 16, 2019, 07:14:56 PM
 ;-)up more progress at least the column and front can be assembled and the wiring tested.

this user is online pepsi81

• Buggy Meister
  • Whitehaven, Cumbria
  • Purple GP 2
Reply #145 on: March 16, 2019, 07:52:47 PM

Must be great to be able to pop down to th local be suppliers. Mind just,  I can always find a sheep whenever the need  ;D

Paul

• Buggy Baron
  • Bentley, Walsall
  • GP Ranchero
Reply #146 on: March 16, 2019, 09:45:13 PM
Lol, trouble is it cost me more in petrol than the 1.50 nut,, was hoping for some fireworks an hour ago but the battery is dead  :( bit of grub, coffee and a smoke put it on charge and see what it's like in the mornin

• Buggy Baron
  • Bentley, Walsall
  • GP Ranchero
Reply #147 on: March 17, 2019, 10:39:26 PM
Some work done today,, Had to get new battery, front indicators back on, front lights back on,, Had to do this now as the tank is in the way for doing it after the bonnet is on, tank in new fuel filter, seats ready to mark where to drill the mounting holes, only the reverse switch and wiper mother left to plug in, however I've had a gremlin jumping about in the elecs all afternoon, started off with the indicators and hazards both working at the same time, now I have hazards but no indicators,, then me main beam would die and a couple of the relays keep making orible noises I'm now left scratching my head and kicking the walls >:(

this user is offline Chad

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Kempsey, Worcestershire
  • Doon SWB
    • Doon Buggies
Reply #148 on: March 17, 2019, 10:50:02 PM
Sounds like a missing earth or poorly relays.

Pity I'm 40 miles away now bud otherwise I could have come round. Check plugs into back of column are in the correct place and a tab isn't bent somewhere.
The Classic Evovles
www.doon.co.uk

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #149 on: March 17, 2019, 10:57:35 PM
As Chad says possibly an earth so try and remake the rear earths or extend them to reach into the battery box to the negative. if indicators and hazards still work together  there must be a wire bridged somewhere possibly on the wrong terminal.