Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 03:43:13 AM

The story so far

This is a discussion for the topic The story so far on the board Members Buggies.

Author Topic: The story so far  (Read 10163 times)

this user is offline Badger

• Buggy Obsessed
  • Bentley, Walsall
  • GP Ranchero
Reply #90 on: September 11, 2017, 09:57:10 PM
its dulled off now the intercoat is on, the sides are all taped off and a box/edge on the top so for tmorra i'll give it a 2k scuff before puttin on the silver flake, then more taping for 2 maybe 3 different candy concerntraits then final topcaot,, thats just the top of the roof gotta blend the sides down to match the body all while watching the weather to see if i can put the tent up to do the rest  :-X

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #91 on: September 11, 2017, 11:07:24 PM
Really looking forward to seeing this one - keep up the good work, it will be well worth it in the end  ;-)up

• Buggy Obsessed
  • Bentley, Walsall
  • GP Ranchero
Reply #92 on: September 12, 2017, 03:08:43 PM
Silver flake on, waiting for a good tack off so i can lay the next lot of tape  ;)
missus not impressed that i now have a sparkly pair of boots, not to mention the garage floor  ;D

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Lord
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #93 on: September 12, 2017, 03:22:32 PM
Not wanting to preach to anyone..  Are you using a face mask with P3 filtration ?  So important in an enclosed area.

• Buggy Obsessed
  • Bentley, Walsall
  • GP Ranchero
Reply #94 on: September 12, 2017, 03:33:47 PM
half mask, organic/inorganic gas vapour filters,  + got a ventilator hooked up (2070cfm (977 litre/sec) airflow rate)to suck out from garage and the door is open 99%of the time. trust me i dont even stand in there waiting tween flash offs with all the kit ive got.
Rich.

• Buggy Obsessed
  • Bentley, Walsall
  • GP Ranchero
Reply #95 on: September 12, 2017, 08:29:36 PM
Took ages to tape up so no candy gone down tonight,, bit annoyed but hey ho not like the worlds ended,
some more tantalising photos for you though  :D
Rich.

this user is offline Doon L001

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Ipswich SUFFOLK
  • DOON LWB
Reply #96 on: September 13, 2017, 07:46:33 AM
Thats looking like a work of art
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #97 on: September 13, 2017, 08:28:54 AM
I really love the fact that its not symmetrical  ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Lord
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #98 on: September 13, 2017, 08:47:58 AM
half mask, organic/inorganic gas vapour filters,  + got a ventilator hooked up (2070cfm (977 litre/sec) airflow rate)to suck out from garage and the door is open 99%of the time. trust me i dont even stand in there waiting tween flash offs with all the kit ive got.
Rich.

Rich... honestly not trying to tell you how to suck eggs. ;D ;D  Just at my age there is no turning the clock back... I thought using a face mask, which I didn`t for decades but do now, was sufficient to keep me safe as I couldn`t smell any vapour etc and as you will know solvents for all paints are pungent to say the least. If you havn`t already done so add a P3 filter to what you have. My face masks hold the round style filters and with the P3 on it`s like having a huge tube of smarties hanging off my head. Awkward at times but you get used to it. The other thing people forget is that the solvents are readily absorbed by the eyes... Just want my forum mates to be as safe as houses  ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up

• Buggy Obsessed
  • Bentley, Walsall
  • GP Ranchero
Reply #99 on: September 16, 2017, 08:21:12 PM
So today i had to re-tape the roof,, i assume it was temperature flux's in the garage that caused most of the curves in the tape to tighten up and pull themselves off. started the paint about 1hrs ago its late and im not happy but i have to keep going now as the paint is causing issues with the tape and i'm not starting from scratch again tmorra,
loads more masking aswell today more to come in a min.

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #100 on: September 16, 2017, 10:08:01 PM
Can`t wait to see this in the sunshine - I have a feeling its really going to pop   ;-)up

• Buggy Obsessed
  • Bentley, Walsall
  • GP Ranchero
Reply #101 on: September 16, 2017, 11:03:27 PM

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #102 on: September 17, 2017, 08:09:32 AM
Looking good there

• Buggy Obsessed
  • Bentley, Walsall
  • GP Ranchero
Reply #103 on: September 17, 2017, 10:47:15 PM
After a long long weekend we're almost at the finish post, all paint down, flakes down, everything very carefully packed away till next weekend so i can put the layers of clear over and cut it all back,, phew need to go to work for a rest now.
couldent get any picks of the body in the teal as it was too dark in the tent to show it -- just looks black like the pick of the bonnet, the teal has come up very dark green rarther than a blue green however the FLAKE well ---  thats changed the entire look and brightend up the colour  :D :D :D :D Rich.
hok Silver base

hok candy teal
like i say its dark in this light

roof finished other than clearing

close up of edge of windscreen, can just make out a bit of colour shift, in preson it blings like crazy

this user is offline Doon L001

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Ipswich SUFFOLK
  • DOON LWB
Reply #104 on: September 18, 2017, 07:35:59 AM
That looks amazing. Great job
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"