Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 20, 2019, 07:02:59 AM

A mucky one - racing rail.

This is a discussion for the topic A mucky one - racing rail. on the board Members Buggies.

Author Topic: A mucky one - racing rail.  (Read 25060 times)

this user is offline PhillipM

• Buggy Addict
  • Rotherham
  • Comp Safari Rail
Reply #120 on: January 30, 2019, 03:59:12 PM
Nearly all of this in single phase to be honest, as we had poor electric where were used to have the tin shed (it was basically just a cable ran down from someone's stable block which itself fed down from the house). The only thing is a new welder we just bought and the lift in the front are 3-phase but they aren't for the buggy.
One of them mucky ones. Sorry.

this user is offline PhillipM

• Buggy Addict
  • Rotherham
  • Comp Safari Rail
Reply #121 on: February 02, 2019, 04:20:30 AM
Well I spent two hours today fine tuning the idle fuelling and timing, and put the cold weather to good use to tune the cold tip-in settings (same as accelerator pump in a carb) - and got it blipping cleanly from cold with some beans. Also set up the camera to get some better video.

Then I spent 2 hours slithering home in the snow (it's only 10 miles) - including 30 minutes just getting up the 100m of farm track. I had to keep shoving my floor mats under the wheels, it was solid ice. I even put the car in drive at one point (tiptronic) and got out and pushed it as well :D

Then, when I got back, I downloaded the video to find....it's corrupted. I've got the first minute (cranking it over and tweaking the cold start) and the last minute (the engine ticking as it cools down 'cause it's off) and nothing in between  ;D
One of them mucky ones. Sorry.