Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2021, 12:47:14 AM

bolt on rocker covers

This is a discussion for the topic bolt on rocker covers on the board Beach Buggy Engine and Exhaust Help.

Author Topic: bolt on rocker covers  (Read 986 times)

this user is offline volksferkin

• north dorset
  • jas lwb
on: March 16, 2013, 05:27:34 PM
Hi just wondered if any one could help me find out the length of the nuts that hold the rocker down and what you bolt the covers into , don't really want to spend a tenner on a kit when i could just make them

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 07:57:28 PM
you need longer rocker mtg studs for the nuts to fit onto as well as the nuts.  10 for a kit saves a lot of time manufacturing some.

this user is offline volksferkin

• north dorset
  • jas lwb
Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 08:50:51 AM
Oh o see didn't realize the stud had to be changed as well I'm that case it might be as well to gry the whole kit

this user is offline HOGE

• cannock chase
  • Tramp roadster
Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 11:53:31 AM
 ;-)up
Oh o see didn't realize the stud had to be changed as well I'm that case it might be as well to gry the whole kit

Hi Volksferkin...the stud isnt changed buddy.
A long nut is fitted to said said stud,the cover is then fitted with bolts with a washers and a sealing ring/washer
Be careful not to over tighten the bolts as it can cause the covers to leak ;-)up

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 04:32:13 PM
you live and learn, it must be the make as the last ones I used came with studs and domed nuts with a shank on for the washer and to locate in the cover

this user is offline HOGE

• cannock chase
  • Tramp roadster
Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 09:32:48 PM
you live and learn, it must be the make as the last ones I used came with studs and domed nuts with a shank on for the washer and to locate in the cover

Hi Snoopy,had my alloy covers from kingfisher a few years back,i think the cheaper covers have the threaded couplers and 40/30mm bolts in and the better quality covers have the better fitting kit were the stud is replaced....