Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2020, 10:52:08 PM

VW Action 21st to 23rd August

This is a discussion for the topic VW Action 21st to 23rd August on the board I know what you did last Summer . . ..

Author Topic: VW Action 21st to 23rd August  (Read 3361 times)

this user is offline Aaron1776

• Beach Buggy
  • Basildon Essex
  • Sidewinder
on: August 07, 2015, 12:31:12 PM
First time for me this show anyone else down
I'm going up Thursday morning and staying in a hotel local make a long weekend of it
I'm taking the buggy and T4
Would be great to catch up with some of you

http://www.vwaction.co.uk/
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 12:54:02 PM by AndyRobinson »

• Beach Buggy
  • Basildon Essex
  • Sidewinder
Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 07:37:34 PM
i can not believe no one else is going to this ?
apart from pirate that is

this user is offline chris bulls head

• Buggy Meister
  • broxbourne ,hertfordshire
  • Hot rod ...buggy !
Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 12:32:28 AM
I got as many replys as you buddy ha ha un real......top quality stuff x ;-)up

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 10:28:44 AM
Like most of the mainstream shows, Santa Pod has become pretty much nothing more then a camperfest which is probably why most on here are going to the smaller meets to be amongst like minded idiots with Buggies instead. There are only so many times you can watch a car doing a 1/4 mile in 30 seconds - and the rave tents remind me of drugfest. I have done the show for many years now, also as a commercial venture, and I stopped when my Insurance company would no longer cover me to attend due to the troubles associated with attending (everyone is always off their face and its just not a pleasant place to be)

That and the wonderful facilities have probably put most of us off from ever going back there again - I remember vividly the Monster Poo mountain of the late nineties, and being charged to add to it. Hanging from the rafters to take a crap on a friday night because the loos have backed up is so difficult, and you can understand why everyone was just using the long grass in the neighboring field. -  Sorry, but its a truly disgusting site and Mr Burrows should really be ashamed of himself - and still everyone returns year after year for more of the same

No, I am not a fan of the place, and that is probably why you may not find many takers on here either.

At the opposite end of the spectrum though is the Monkey Tree Bash in Newquay, which is where you will find most of this weekend -

why not come and join us there  ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Beach Buggy
  • Basildon Essex
  • Sidewinder
Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 11:02:08 AM
A simple I'm not going would have done the trick dave lol
some people are into VW's not just beach buggys
I have never done action but there are about 50 people going from the other club I
Am in and we are really looking forward to it as for drugs you get that anywhere and
If some choose to be around that type of person that's up to them they are not going to come and rub your nose in it (no pun intended)
All I was trying to do is get people interested in a bigger show !
I can appreciate its a long way for some people to drive
It's not All about cars going up the strip
There is far more going on than sitting in a field drinking Tea all day

This is what you can expect from the show
Sometimes you have to shake things up a bit WE ARE ONLY HERE ONCE
I really hope to see some of you guys at this event
I love the big shows and my favourite is EBI maybe one year
We can get more than 2 buggys there
The first year was myself and buggy sam and rob wren
At SPA last year mine was the only British buggy celebrating 50 years of the beach buggy I did see rob there but he was taking care of Bruce and Winnie 👍
And this year the only British buggys was mine and clem's

One day our life's will flash before our eyes I'm going to makes sure it's worth watching

This post is not here to upset anyone and if it has I apologise in advance
I hope you are all well and really would love you catch up with you all sometime
Although I can't recal the last time I spoke to some of you

VW Action

TIMETABLE

FRIDAY

12.00 noon
Gates Open
If VW Action, or Santa Pod are new experiences for you, welcome, and have a great weekend. Friday afternoon is a time to pitch your tent and prepare for the weekend ahead. Many people will be catching up with old friends, or making new ones for the weekend ahead...

2.00pm
Off-Road Course opens

5.30pm
Fairground, Food Court open

7.00pm
Evening Entertainment starts...
It is traditional for Friday night in the VW Action Marquee to feature Dance Music, and this year is no exception, we are back in the groove - with the return of DJ Trademark and Ash Fern.

Alternatively there is an 'Indie Rock Party' in the Fuellers Bar. We believe totally in the acts which we select to perform at VW Action, so if you want a real treat, take the time to check out as many as you can in both the Main Marquee and the Fuellers Bar.

7.00pm
DJ - Pete Fearn - Fuellers Bar
Anyone who has been in the Fuellers bar knows just how Pete Fearn rolls. 'Indie Beer Mix' party!

8.00pm
DJ - Ash Fern - Main Stage/Marquee
Ash simply smashed it a Big Bang 2014, so we invited her to VW Action.
10.00pm
DJ - Trademark (with the Narni Shakers) - Main Stage/Marquee
VW Action veteran DJ Trademark has come up through the ranks. His move onto the turntables came in 1990 when he was working with Bug Kann & the Plastic Jam and was the driving force behind the all time rave classic ‘Made in 2 Minutes’, and as a result he got the call to perform at the now legendary World Party Raves. Trademark has also played at events all over the country and has supported the likes of Carl Cox and The Chemical Brothers at the V Festival.

10.30pm
Live Band - Slim 47 - Fuellers Bar
Santa Pod favourites Slim 47 return to VW Action. They are a 4 piece, indie/rock, covers band that know how to kick up a storm. Expect tracks from bands like the Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Oasis and other great Indie Anthem bands.

12.00 Midnight
All Music Ends

SATURDAY

8.00am
Food Court open

10.00am
Trade Areas/Autojumble/Children's VWorld,
Fairground open, Every Day Vehicle Concours
Assembly and Car Displays Assembly - Concours Arena
Dragstrip Opens for VW Only RWYB - VAG or Pro Cars only please. Offroad Course Opens, Registration for R/C Drag Racing open - Monster Truck Arena

10.30am
Party Workshops open - Trade Area - FREE all day
family entertainment. Try your hand at juggling or on
the 10ft tight-wire. Have a game of crazy golf or tennis
or go hopping mad on the space hoppers and pogo sticks.
Fun for all ages and provided at no extra cost to you by NAS Events.

11.00am
R/C Drag Racing starts - Monster Truck Arena

11.30am
Pinstriping Workshop Demos start - Trade Area

2.00pm
Action Olympics - Inter-Club Games - Events Arena
including Tug-O-War, Bug Push, Obstacle Course
and Penalty Shootout

3.00pm
Every Day Vehicle Concours Trophy Presentation - Main Stage/Marquee
Children's VWorld, 'Favourite Face' Winner announced'. Open to all children who have had their face painted. (Prize for every contestant, and a trophy for the winner)

3.30pm
Pinstriping Workshop Demos - Trade Area
Items to pinstripe, and expert tuition. All paint, brushes etc. provided

4.15pm
The Podzilla Monster Truck Show - Live action arena.

6.00pm
VW Action Night Racing
VW Special Session on Dragstrip. USB/BWA, VWDRC, Greenhearts, SAS Rennwagens and invited European Guests and pro cars including The Supercharged Outlaws, Classic Fords, Gasser Circus and Outlaw Street.
'The Love Bug' film shown in the Main Marquee.

7.00pm
Fireforce Jet Car - on the dragstrip

7.30pm
Big Top Marquee Stage opens
NAS Events presents the VW Action 'Swinging Sixties Mods & Rockers' Theme Party.

For Saturday night the Fuellers Bar has been converted into a tounge-in-cheek 'Dance Till The Cops Come' secret 'Dance Party' which opens with 2014/2015 BPM Freestyle Champion DJ Craig Cutup Jones. A real treat for House/Dance/D&B Fans.

8.00pm
DJ - Sixties Rock, Pop & Soul Anthems with French 'Mod' DJ Philippe De Franglaisman - Main Stage/Marquee

9.30pm
Live Band - Who's Next - Main Stage/Marquee
Followed by Jensen D Groover (the DJ who touched me) along with The Sexy Sixties Narni Shakers.
VW Action is proud to welcome The UK's premier Who tribute 'Who's Next' playing all those great Who anthems that should appeal to both Mods and Rockers alike. Jensen D Groover and The Narni Shakers need no introduction. As always, VW Action's main stage will be dressed in a big-budget 'West End Theatre' style - this time as 'Swinging 60s London'.
10.15pm
DJ - Niki Dimensions - Fuellers Bar
Headlining our 'Dance Till The Cops Come' secret 'Dance Party' pastiche, VW Action favourite Niki will be taking dance fans back to a time of secret raves, gurning and being 'loved up'.

00.15am
Film - 'Quadrophenia' - Fuellers Bar

SUNDAY

8.00am
Food Court open

10.00am
Trade Areas/Children's VWorld, Fairground open,
Concours D'Elegance/Custom Concours Assembly and Car Displays Assembly - Concours Arena
Dragstrip Opens for VAG or Pro-Car only 'Peak Performance Test & Tune', Top Fuel testing, Supercharged Outlaws, Gasser Circus and invited European VWs etc.
Offroad Course Opens. Registration for R/C Drag Racing open - Monster Truck Arena

10.30am
Party Workshops open - Trade Area - FREE all day family entertainment.

11.30am
Items to pinstripe, and expert tuition. All paint, brushes etc. provided.

12.00 Midday
Camper Van Cookoff - Marquee

12.45pm
Fireforce Jet Car - on the dragstrip
1.00pm
VW Action Charity Auction in aid of Brads Cancer Foundation - Main Stage/Marquee

2.30pm
Items to pinstripe, and expert tuition. All paint, brushes etc. provided.

2.45pm
Concours D'Elegance & Custom Concours and Display Vehicle owners return to their vehicles

3.00pm
Concours D'Elegance & Custom Concours Trophy Presentations inc. 'Europe's Most Beautiful VW' also includes Club Trophies, Olympics Trophies, Hall Of Fame Inductees etc. - Main Stage/Marquee

4.15pm
The Podzilla Monster Truck Show - Monster Truck Arena

5.00pm
Show closes have a safe journey home.
Thank you for your support. ALWAYS appreciated - NEVER taken for granted.

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 12:23:03 PM
Thats cool Aaron - you haven`t been there, its your first time, so go and enjoy it  ;-)up

I was merely pointing out the general feeling from others as to why not many others tag along following Chris`s comments. Be good to catch up again at one of the other shows though mate, its been far too long

;-)up

Anyway, have fun, take pictures, and please report back on here telling me how wrong I was    ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline chris bulls head

• Buggy Meister
  • broxbourne ,hertfordshire
  • Hot rod ...buggy !
Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 06:23:14 PM
All about me now then is it lol....Aaron good point....I will be there no matter what..it sounds amazing all the mainstream guys into vws will be there as usual......we will all see you there buddy  bleugh