Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2020, 05:22:18 AM

Dave DND and my Hustler GT

This is a discussion for the topic Dave DND and my Hustler GT on the board Members Buggies.

Author Topic: Dave DND and my Hustler GT  (Read 196583 times)

this user is offline pepsi81

• Buggy Meister
  • Whitehaven, Cumbria
  • Purple GP 2
Reply #810 on: March 29, 2020, 05:29:27 PM

That means youíve already thought about.
Go for it Dave 👍

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #811 on: March 30, 2020, 11:05:53 PM
Talk about timing  ::)

And now we are in COVID-19 lockdown and panic has set in throughout the Country. Checking the three tracking numbers, 2 of them seem to be updating fairly regularly, so I guess that means movement of some sort, but as I am tracking them through the Brazilian Courier there is a language barrier that I cannot seem to translate very well. If I am interpreting this right though, two of the parcels have been released to a UK Courier and I would guess Royal Mail or maybe Parcelforce? That would be good as at least they are still operational for sure.

Third parcel seems to be held at Customs with no movement.  :(

:-\
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline Roadrunner

• Buggy Meister
  • Henlow, Bedfordshire, UK
  • FF LWB
Reply #812 on: March 31, 2020, 01:08:26 PM
I had that before Dave.  1 order shipped over 2 boxes.

You might find you will receive a customs request form to detail the value and contents of the box so they can tax you on it. 

I ended up having to email the original company to get split invoices for each shipment.

Have you tried putting the tracking number, you got from Brazil, into the ParcelFarce website?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 01:10:05 PM by Roadrunner »

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #813 on: March 31, 2020, 01:51:16 PM
I`m used to doing this Gordon, I ship and collect a lot of stuff around the world, so no panic.
From experience, it is not uncommon for tracking numbers to alter and change as they move from country to country and the tracking number issued by one courier will never work with another one - so it is always best to track the number from the source as that will usually show the progress (albeit without telling you the logistics identity) of its whereabouts. International shippers like UPS or DPD quite often are easier to track across the world with the same number. Also, from experience, when a US shipping company delivers to the UK, it is not unusual for the parcel to be picked up by Parcelforce on behalf of the Royal Mail and DHL seem to pick up most of the China stuff.

FYI, there is a technical loophole that is often used to get around import duty. Multiple boxes are always advised as it is not uncommon for some to get through unchecked, and the value of the ones that do get inspected is always therefore lower - that said, its always advisable to have one large invoice showing multiple boxes (else you get a physical handling charge as well on each consignment) but if one box is opened on its own without the others present, I have found that the import duty can often be Pro-Rata than of the whole consignment. I think they are uneasy about charging import duty for a whole consignment when only one lower value box is presented in front of them, as the value of charge does not add up to the value of what they are inspecting. Its a bit of a gamble, but worst case scenario, I get hit with import duty and charges.

2 boxes showing movement, one still at Customs
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #814 on: April 01, 2020, 11:12:32 PM
Not quite what I was expecting   :-X

I`ll confess that I have been watching these tracking numbers very carefully of late, especially as some countries are now closing land borders, the planes are not flying and the boats are being refused berths. I'm just so glad that they are indicated as being in the UK. Brazil has been on the news too, so if they had not been shipped when I ordered these, they certainly would not have been shipped now.

I know that the majority of the sorting depots are under pressure at the moment due to staff absences and I am ok with that, especially as unlike most of you out there, I am still working and don`t really need this for another month or so when it gets a bit warmer.

Today though, I had a delivery from Parcelforce, but only one box.  :-\

The good news though was that it contained the complete "Right Side" of the suspension. Looks to be good quality with good welds - Pleased so far  ;-)up

The second parcel is still showing as being in Transit but the third parcel seems to still be held at Customs with no movement.   :-\
I just hope that someone is still working there, else the third parcel may take a while

:(
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline Buggybaggy

• Edit Enabled
  • Buggy Veteran
  • Leeds
  • Mk2 Volksrod
Reply #815 on: April 02, 2020, 06:18:19 AM
You ordered RHD, so the srcond box will also have the right had side set up.

Got you worried now, eh?

(It'll be fine, probably)

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #816 on: April 02, 2020, 07:55:14 AM
if box 2 is the centre piece you can do a trike buggy until the 3rd arrives, looks fine in the photos.

this user is offline Peter

• Buggy Veteran
  • Kent
  • Manx2 UK-00-25
    • Your Buggy's
Reply #817 on: April 02, 2020, 03:05:26 PM
Just a question if I may.

I have watched the assembly video and would like to know, when the attachment bracket
is slipped into place and bolted to the new assembly at the rear, nearest the napoleons hat,
is it then welded in place up and over the frame where it sits ?

Just wondering thats all  :)

Peter
'We desperately need to bring nature and green, back into contact with people'

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #818 on: April 02, 2020, 03:29:39 PM
No welding Peter, just two holes to drill for the lower fixings - I may well end up doing a bit of reinforcement though where the bolts are, but I am assured that it is not necessary.

Maybe this picture helps?

01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Buggy Meister
  • Whitehaven, Cumbria
  • Purple GP 2
Reply #819 on: April 02, 2020, 10:30:59 PM

Looks sexy 💋 What about steering alignment. Looking at 2x UJs 🤷🏻‍♂️

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #820 on: April 02, 2020, 10:37:16 PM
Not thought as far as steering column yet as need to see what I am working with rack wise first.
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Buggy Meister
  • Whitehaven, Cumbria
  • Purple GP 2
Reply #821 on: April 02, 2020, 10:40:01 PM
Dave,
Youíve mentioned a custom petrol tank. What you planning. Pretty sure mine has developed a leak, Iíve a central filler 🤷🏻‍♂️

Appreciate any comments.
Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #822 on: April 02, 2020, 10:44:46 PM
Speak with Alan on here as he has a mate who makes custom tanks  ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #823 on: April 02, 2020, 10:59:13 PM
Today I saw the Parcelforce van pull up outside and another large box emerged - and when I saw it, my heart sunk  :'(

I opened up the parcel, quite fearful of what I might find and teh first thing that emerged was a letter from Parcelforce saying that they had repackaged the goods as the box had been damaged in transit upon entering the Country. Well, if this was the replacement box then it beggars belief as to how bad the initial box had been. The parts inside were very well wrapped in iMohr packaging and save for one sharp edge that had gone through the box, all appeared to be ok. Thankfully it had been shipped with the screws in place, so they were all present and correct. There were a couple of blister cards that had split, but the nuts and washers were inside. More importantly, this one also contained the instructions. Phew !

From this I could now deduce what was in the final parcel - the steering rack. It was still showing at customs though. No idea then if, when, how or ever will it arrive, but I am still not ready to fit this yet, so have a bit more time yet before worrying about it. Worst case scenario, I`ll adapt a rack to fit - at least I have the important bit and it looks complete now.

8)
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Buggy Meister
  • Whitehaven, Cumbria
  • Purple GP 2
Reply #824 on: April 02, 2020, 11:30:10 PM

Looks good Dave, great isle a least had part arrived. Iíll txt Allan.
Pauk