Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 05, 2021, 05:12:27 PM

Engine Going in at weekend But lost the bolts.

This is a discussion for the topic Engine Going in at weekend But lost the bolts. on the board Beach Buggy Engine and Exhaust Help.

Author Topic: Engine Going in at weekend But lost the bolts.  (Read 263 times)

this user is offline volksrodAiden

• Buggy Baron
  • Leeds
  • UVA Fugitive
on: May 09, 2013, 07:24:48 AM
Right guys. engine should be ready at the weekend fitting. One bigggg problem.
Seems i have miss placed the bolts. So does anyone no the headsize and the length i require so i can buy them from my local bolt and nut.
I no the starter motor is a odd one but i reakon i could get away with using a hex head bolt but need to no the sizes.

cheers for your help.

Aiden

this user is offline ben_w

• Buggy Meister
  • Leicestershire
  • Sidewinder
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 07:55:09 AM
Not sure on the sizes, but you won't fit a hex head bolt on the starter side. It needs to be the half moon head bolt to clear the start mount flange I think......

Order from Machine 7 this morning, they will be with you tomorrow.

6 Pots...stuff your bhp, torque is king

Green Sidewinder with a 6 pot lump

this user is offline volksrodAiden

• Buggy Baron
  • Leeds
  • UVA Fugitive
Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 09:22:48 AM
Got the starter bolt. it was in threw the starter motor. haha. Just the others to try find now. Ill have a look on machine 7. Just wanted to try sourse them from local bolt and nut so i knew ihad them ready. Got the insurance sorted now so im all ready to go. haha

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 04:11:36 PM
you should have 2 studs at the bottom going forwards and 2 bolts at the top going back.
you can use  normal 10mm 1.5  nuts a 17mm spanner size although you can get then 15mm spanner size ones as fitted to the bottom starter stud and engine bolts on some aircooled and they give more spanner room.