Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2021, 06:14:49 PM

Wheel suppliers

This is a discussion for the topic Wheel suppliers on the board Beach Buggy Rolling Chassis Help.

Author Topic: Wheel suppliers  (Read 474 times)

this user is offline Cornishdave

• Hustler
on: March 01, 2021, 12:26:19 PM
Can someone please recommend a supplier of buggy wheels to me. I am liking the look of some that appear in the calendar and am just considering having a look around to see what is available.

this user is offline Doon L001

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • Nr Leek Staffordshire
  • DOON LWB
Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 02:35:27 PM
You're limited by the stud pattern and spacing although adapters are available with some varying views on here about safety.

I have used Northants Tyres before but loads of places do wheels. Just make sure you can get the right bolts
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 02:39:56 PM
depends what you are after 5x 205  4x130 or something you can get adaptors forthat fit either vw stud pattern.
Heritage, Kingfishers or anybody selling buggies like ff, volksmagic will have contacts

this user is offline Manxdavid

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 02:40:42 PM
What wheels and what fitment have you got on now and what style do you fancy?
Photos printed on genuine ILFORDŽ paper, sent from a Commodore VIC 20.

"Ah, Beach Buggies, sure, just a quick cheap way of getting a few more years out of a rusty Beetle. You can throw one together in a weekend." anon.

this user is online Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 05:39:06 PM
Which ones on the Calendar have caught your eye?   :-\
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline Cornishdave

• Hustler
Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 05:52:50 PM
Thats just my problem really Manxdavid I haven't got a clue! These are on the front and I do like them but you know how it is when you've got too much time on your hands and start looking around!
I just fancied having a bit of a browse really.

Dave DND - Turned the page to March this morning and the wheels just caught my eye so I then had a quick look through the others. I also like the ones on the 2 buggies on the July page.
That is not to say I don't like any of the others mind! Like I say it just made me start looking.

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Veteran
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 01:08:14 PM
Just a reminder.... It`s either this year or next at the latest that the MOT check will fail your buggy that has tyres fitted 10 years or older regardless of tread depth or overall visual condition. (I know a few folks , buggy and other home builds with old NOS tyres fitted).

this user is offline Manxdavid

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 01:50:42 PM
Just a reminder.... It`s either this year or next at the latest that the MOT check will fail your buggy that has tyres fitted 10 years or older regardless of tread depth or overall visual condition. (I know a few folks , buggy and other home builds with old NOS tyres fitted).

That's only for the fronts of HGVs and PSVs plus mini bus tyres, from last month. It doesn't apply to cars.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 01:53:23 PM by Manxdavid »
Photos printed on genuine ILFORDŽ paper, sent from a Commodore VIC 20.

"Ah, Beach Buggies, sure, just a quick cheap way of getting a few more years out of a rusty Beetle. You can throw one together in a weekend." anon.

this user is online Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 02:43:22 PM

That's only for the fronts of HGVs and PSVs plus mini bus tyres, from last month. It doesn't apply to cars.

:o  That was my understanding too  ???
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline pepsi81

• Buggy Veteran
  • Whitehaven, Cumbria
  • Purple GP 2
Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 01:46:33 AM

Come on Paul.

Get a grip  ;D

Paul ;-)(-;