Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2020, 06:05:41 PM

Mirrors

This is a discussion for the topic Mirrors on the board Parts Wanted.

Author Topic: Mirrors  (Read 218 times)

this user is offline Dipsy Deb

• Beach Buggy
  • Gwent
  • LWB Rat
on: November 11, 2020, 11:30:25 AM
Hi All, anyone wanting to sell a pair of mirrors to fit my windscreen or my roll cage. I have bullet mirrors which I had off hughbug nearly 2 years ago which look fab but like Hugh said at the time can't see much in them, but they suit the buggy.  Cheers Deb
🔷Dipsy Deb

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 11:41:22 AM
Yes Debs the bullet mirrors on my buggy are only there to cover holes made for them be a previous owner...
Hugh

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 01:32:12 PM
 a convex rear view mirror of a decent size top centre of the screen helps, if you have a roof then
screen mounted outer mirrors are out unless you have brackets like buggybaggy made he may have been baggybuggy back then.

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Meister
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 07:29:02 AM
Christmas is coming and the season of festive good will.   Is there nobody out there with a spare pair that they can wrap up for Deb ?    :D :D

• Beach Buggy
  • Gwent
  • LWB Rat
Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 10:18:07 AM
Thanks Keith I do have a centre screen mirror but my number plate is too high and blocking my view, so that needs to be moved lower, another winter job.  Cheers and thank you to Santa Paul for trying to get me an early Xmas pressie 😂😂😂 kind thought Deb
🔷Dipsy Deb

this user is offline HughBug

• Buggy Addict
  • Kent, UK
  • Kyote
Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 05:03:29 PM
I've just bought these because the cheap Chinese ones at the side of my screen keep moving by themselves ;) - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Lucas-Style-Classic-Car-Chrome-Door-Wing-Mirrors-with-Convex-Mirror-Glass/163681605772?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649.

These are the cheapest of that sort available on eBay, so I've done your research for you :)

They seem quite sturdy and good quality convex mirrors, and I plan to fit them soon, or when other little jobs allow.

Cheers :)

Hugh the 2nd
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing........warning - this user has very little knowledge :D

• Beach Buggy
  • Gwent
  • LWB Rat
Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 02:51:32 PM
Hi has anyone tried the clamp on mirrors that fit on to the roll bar?  If so are they any good? Cheers Deb
🔷Dipsy Deb

• Buggy Meister
  • MANX SWB
Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 08:12:58 AM
Morning Deb....  Roll bar rear view mirrors are a commonly available item. They are quite sturdy being clamped at two points of the bar. Available in the standard pipe diameters.    Developed originally for the FIA boy racers for their track days. (FIA as strict as VOSA IVA).   Just beware of the ebay chinese items. Many are so poorly made they wont last a week and have no EU approval whatsoever.

• Beach Buggy
  • Gwent
  • LWB Rat
Reply #8 on: November 19, 2020, 10:26:38 AM
Cheers Paul looking at them at the mo but some are very bulky looking.  Taken on board about orange indicators fading as well thank you. Deb
🔷Dipsy Deb

• Buggy Meister
  • MANX SWB
Reply #9 on: November 19, 2020, 02:31:19 PM
Cheers Paul looking at them at the mo but some are very bulky looking.  Taken on board about orange indicators fading as well thank you. Deb

Yes they are bulky Deb.... Often "wide angle" curved mirrored glass.