Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2020, 05:24:03 PM

Beach buggy hard top fixings

This is a discussion for the topic Beach buggy hard top fixings on the board Beach Buggy General Help.

Author Topic: Beach buggy hard top fixings  (Read 406 times)

this user is offline Patchstevo

• Market Drayton, Shropshire
  • Meyers Manx SWB 1967
on: November 03, 2020, 09:28:37 PM
Hi Guys, does anyone know where I can get a set of hard top roof clamp fixings for my beach buggy, I’ve tried Flatlands a number of times but can’t seem to get hold of anyone on the phone & that’s the only place I know that stocks them?
Cheers for your help,
Patrick 👍
Pat Stevenson 👍

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Meister
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 07:32:29 AM
Mark, Flatlands, has withdrawn from buggy sales. Believe it to be Flatlands Cycle Works now :'(

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 11:46:56 AM
it will be a manufacturing job at home a bracket to slide into the front screen rail or under the lip and something at the rear to clamp it.
you can buy manx mirror clamps from heritage it would be possible to put them on the screen sides and use a bracket off the hard top down to the mirror mounting thread and just use a bolt either side to secure it.

this user is offline Manxdavid

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 12:37:48 PM
Mel Hubbard just used to use a couple of 3" lengths of 2"X 1" inside the screen secured by a couple of M6 gutter bolts and wingnuts. He drilled thru the sides of the roll bar at the rear and again used gutter bolts and wingnuts with some simple wooden spacers if necessary. There is no need whatever for anything more hi tech than that.
Photos printed on genuine ILFORD® paper.

"Ah, Beach Buggies, sure, just a quick cheap way of getting a few more years out of a rusty Beetle. You can throw one together in a weekend." anon.

this user is online Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #4 on: November 04, 2020, 05:31:01 PM
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Shame on you David - You managed to put "Mel Hubbard" and "Hi Tech" in the same sentence   ;D

Patrick, Unsure about the clips you are after, but anything I attach to the tubular frame on mine usually has a Rhino Clamp on it - loads on ebay - and maybe something that could be modified or adapted?
 :-\

01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline Manxdavid

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 06:49:09 PM
This was the Flatlands kit. The clamps are from hydraulic hose suppliers, commonly fitted on JCBs and the like. The alloy bits as I say could be substituted for wood or easily made.

Photos printed on genuine ILFORD® paper.

"Ah, Beach Buggies, sure, just a quick cheap way of getting a few more years out of a rusty Beetle. You can throw one together in a weekend." anon.

this user is offline Patchstevo

• Market Drayton, Shropshire
  • Meyers Manx SWB 1967
Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 11:11:13 AM
Ok cheers guys, many thanks for your responses I’ll look at a modified clamp job 👍
Pat Stevenson 👍