Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2020, 05:11:34 PM

1972 VW Beetle for sale

This is a discussion for the topic 1972 VW Beetle for sale on the board Beach Buggies For Sale.

Author Topic: 1972 VW Beetle for sale  (Read 443 times)

this user is offline Peter

• Buggy Veteran
  • Kent
  • Manx2 UK-00-25
    • Your Buggy's
on: October 24, 2020, 07:57:37 PM
Hello Everybody,

I know I have not posted up in a while but am still looking in.

I have decided it is time for me to let my faithful old Beetle go, shes definitely not a candidate for a buggy though.

I hope very much its ok for me to put this in here.

My Beetle has basically never let anybody down since the day she came out of VW, made to order
for a lady in Munich. it has done 85500 miles since and comes with all the original order paperwork, from the first enquiry
right up to the delivery note and final bill. She was ordered with four or five modification's and was built to order. Both she
and my Manx have been my daily drivers for many many years.

It is Marina Blue, has a sun roof, a 1300 twin port engine, high backed seats, no fuel gauge, but a little
vdo is now sitting inside the glove box. The body style is a 1200 basic model and it is left hand drive,
the wax seal is still in place at the rear of the speedo as the speedo cable collar has never been unscrewed
since fitted and then sealed by VW when it was made.. She has five new radials fitted.

I am the third owner, there is a fourth, my son, I gave the Beetle to him when he started driving,
he had it five years I think and then gave it back.

I am selling her as I dont need two cars anymore, my Manx, Stell, is to stay so her sister can move on and
have a life of being properly used. My beetle is 'N' registration, she and her owner emigrated to England in 1974
so hence the N registration plate.

The Beetle is rock solid and has just got her latest mot this last week, I have attached some photos, please if I may, no silly questions,
if anyone is interested do let me know. I think 4500 is a reasonable price to ask.

My Beetle is the perfect little car for someone to be using on a daily basis, and she needs to be really.

Many Thanks, Peter

Edit: I changed the mileage to '85500 miles'' as It has a speedo thats in 'Kilometres' and I get confused sometimes

« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 08:26:17 AM by Peter »
'We desperately need to bring nature and green, back into contact with people'

• Buggy Veteran
  • Kent
  • Manx2 UK-00-25
    • Your Buggy's
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 09:21:38 AM
Well, my faithful friend through thick and thin has been sold.

She has been running non stop for 48 years, literally saved my life and is off to her new home
where she will be looked after and have some work carried out, not real problems, and be kept just as she is.

Sun, Rain, Floods, Snow, Hurricane and multiple 1500 mile non stop runs to other countries and all she
ever wanted was general checks, oil and brakes, the occasional wash, 48 straight mot's and she started every time.
I am going to miss her presence very much, but Stell, her sister, now has her entire garage back.

Its funny how you can get attached to these cars, but they are the real deal and something that in this
mad electronic world we live in now, people can only dream of. Shame how it's all gone really.

Peter

« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 09:32:45 AM by Peter »

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 09:31:13 AM
A bargain price for a genuine solid beetle as proven by the speed of the transaction. Stella will be lonely now.

• Buggy Veteran
  • Kent
  • Manx2 UK-00-25
    • Your Buggy's
Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 09:44:17 AM
Hello Snoopy

Yes, I know, a bargain price, but the most important thing is that she goes
to a good home, she owes me nothing AT ALL and will be looked after by someone who
knows what they have, she will be used just as she should and be full of 'stuff', running
around all over the place in all weathers, daily.

Many may think thats silly, but for me its just how it should be

Peter

this user is online Hunter

• SDBC Moderator
  • Buggy Meister
  • Dorchester
  • CTR
Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 12:15:24 PM
A very good result for you mate, I'm sure Stella will appreciate the space but she'll still be number two (pushbike 1) in the use list.  :D

Cheers H
Started with a LWB mk1 RAT
Now running SWB CTR
(lwb Californian skooby powered in the wings)

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away.

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Meister
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 03:44:54 PM
Many may think thats silly, but for me its just how it should be

I for one don`t think this silly Pete and agree whole heartedly that "its just how it should be. Name me one modern car that has true character. None whatsoever. How I wish I could have my very first Beetle back. 6volts, trafficators headlights like candles. Furry headliner Floor dipswitch. Mechanical fuel gauge. It never ever failed to start, or to give me true driving pleasure and never let me down in thousands of miles. It`s replacements were each just the same.    I guess no body from this "modern" age can appreciate the bond that these cars created with their owners. You either hated them or you loved them. Do you see the owners of any other marque waving back at you with a huge grin on their face no matter where you went. No.... and that says it all.

Somehow Pete, I think you will truly miss your Beetle. Sadly my first, YLF 23, is no longer anywhere to be found.   

• Buggy Veteran
  • Kent
  • Manx2 UK-00-25
    • Your Buggy's
Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 05:07:59 PM
I shall and do indeed miss my Beetle, shes always been there through thick and thin
along with my Manx. But I am just being sensible, I dont agree with those that just store things away only
to let them rot and eventually become just useless.

My Beetle needs to be used, daily, to be cared for and maintained in the process, somebody
else can build their own memories, of which there will be many, she hasn't gone completely though
as I have retained one special piece, something that was supplied with her before she left the factory,
its always been there but has never needed to be used, its quite large when opened up fully with the four
legs swung out, it will remind me of all the times we had every time I look at it.

We have a photo album full of real photos, not silly digital ones that will be lost when a drive finally fails but
just something to look at when needs be.

I am older now and it seems when my age is reached, other things take over in the 'what's important' areas,
Stell is tucked up for a while but for now I am using my bike, I live in a place that has been my home for all of my life
and I can now go every day to see it when ever I want to. Its amazing, I cycled today through back lanes and footpaths
to Penshurst via Hever and Chiddingstone, stopping at places I know where the walls and rocks have been signed by people for
over 300 years, most dont even realise they are there, its all a bit hidden...
The trees are golden and the roads and paths are knee deep in leaves acorns and chestnuts, a carrier bag full of chestnuts takes
only a few minutes to collect. I cycle past dozens of 300/800 year old Oak trees, one has an arrow shaft sticking out of the bark, its
high up in the tree but few know its there, mainly because they never climbed it!

I am happy with everything I have and my Beetle will be moving on, here is the valley I know like the back of my hand

Peter

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 06:26:39 PM
 ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Meister
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham