Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 11, 2021, 11:32:23 AM

Greetings

This is a discussion for the topic Greetings on the board Newbie Welcome Area.

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1532 times)

this user is offline Cornishdave

• Hustler
Reply #15 on: October 05, 2020, 07:50:06 PM
Thanks Merscury I will check.
Hi to you too Paul.
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. As I say my knowledge on Beach Buggies is pretty much restricted to 'they look cool' and I have always wanted one.
Now that I have one I am very keen to learn what I can and it would appear that this is the where I will be able to do just that. ;-)up

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #16 on: October 05, 2020, 09:44:35 PM
Not checked for years as it is 35 of them since I ran 205 X13 front radials and the N50 rears but the rules allowed it if the bias belted on the rear were 10" or more on the tread width. Came under construction and use regulations.

• Hustler
Reply #17 on: October 06, 2020, 05:42:06 AM
That is worth knowing Snoopy, I will look into it. Thanks.

• Hustler
Reply #18 on: October 06, 2020, 05:11:39 PM
I think you are right Snoopy. The legislation I am looking at comes under the heading 'Mixing of tyres'.

Para 2 says about not putting cross ply or bias belted tyres on the rear and radial on the front (amongst other things) and then para 3 says:

'Paragraph 2 does not apply to a vehicle to an axle of which there are fitted wide tyres not specifically constructed for use on engineering plant...'

Does that sound like what you were referring to?

Like all legislation it is littered with negatives and the word 'unless'to the point where you totally lose track of whether it is OK or not ok!

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #19 on: October 06, 2020, 06:57:37 PM
seems like it but there was a measurement in the description back then,  pro trac tyres are not for engineering plant use so it reads as acceptable. Reading through rules and regulations is a nightmare with grey areas and contradictions. I never had it questioned or noticed by the police or the mot man.

this user is offline dodger

• stowmarket
  • mk 1
Reply #20 on: October 20, 2020, 09:12:16 AM
Hi from suffolk
Dodger