Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2020, 04:59:59 AM

Becketts Farm, Alcester, Becketts Farm, Rose & Crown

This is a discussion for the topic Becketts Farm, Alcester, Becketts Farm, Rose & Crown on the board I know what you did last Summer . . ..

Author Topic: Becketts Farm, Alcester, Becketts Farm, Rose & Crown  (Read 487 times)

this user is offline Hugh

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
on: August 08, 2020, 08:38:40 PM
Some 14 buggys gathered at Becketts just north of J3 of M42. Chatting, Vicky tour to Alcester for Fish & Chips, back to Becketts then down to the Rose & Crown garden before dispersing.

My coat hanger temporary repair to my snapped clutch cable held all day but the ignition circuit decided to go AWOL but thanks to Snoopys wire from battery to coil taped over the rear end assisted by screw driver expert Allan I was back in business although I needed bump starts.

Oh and Vicky generously gave me a B'day cake and Allan lent me a CD to enable it to be shared and consumed.

Hugh

this user is offline Merscury

• Buggy Lord
  • Nottingham/Derby
  • Predator
Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 09:42:00 PM
Hugh I do hope someone got a photo of you using a CD as a knife to cut up that cake, lovely day all round and great to meet up
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 08:54:19 AM by Merscury »
Have fun. Be lucky

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 07:36:31 AM
Paul if that 'story' wasn't properly documented then its totally deniable !
Hugh

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 07:47:12 AM
CD worked well but the problem came about from me picking the messiest soft cream cake with loads of sugary treats on top rather than a proper solid sponge, however we expected Who as our lovely friend says to take the cake home not distribute it.

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 08:03:07 AM
I thought the cake sponge was an excellent firmness to slice and it probably wouldn't have survived the heat and journey home - I suppose it would sustain me whilst awaiting recovery ! I did feel a little bad about everyone having to use their hands as plates for the slices of sponge plus goo.

The question that concerns me though is whilst Vanessa so swiftly and generously lent one of Allan's CD - does it now still play properly ? I recall the original CD adverts where various preserves were spread on CDs supposedly to demonstrate their resilience...
Hugh

this user is offline Doon L001

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • Nr Leek Staffordshire
  • DOON LWB
Reply #5 on: August 09, 2020, 06:55:20 PM
Hope it wasn't his Barry Manilow's greatest hits one
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #6 on: August 09, 2020, 08:18:50 PM
Dave Vanessa offered me a choice including Allanís dance classics but I didnít pay enough attention to which one I ended up using. If Allanís future dancing looks below par weíll know why.
Hugh