Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2021, 11:19:37 PM

Securing your Buggy

This is a discussion for the topic Securing your Buggy on the board Beach Buggy Electrical Help.

Author Topic: Securing your Buggy  (Read 803 times)

this user is online LUDICRUZ

• Beach Buggy
  • Uxbridge, Middlesex
  • Custom Predator
on: June 18, 2020, 05:35:30 PM
Hey folks, what is everyone doing regarding securing your Buggy!!

I've been looking at several car alarms however my specifics are, i would like it to be a Thatcham Ca1 1 or 2 approved with a Transponder immobiliser so that i can have a keyless ignition start and must include a Microwave radar sensor preventing people from coming very close to the buggy or trying to jump in for a quick pic without permission....

the one i am currently looking at is the Clifford Concept 650MK3 which has the following attributes...

Entry level Thatcham Cat 1

Built in Tandem immobiliser circuit

Armoured steel enclosure

Ultrasonic interior movement sensing

Dual zone proximity including external warn away zone

Tilt motion sensor

Anyone had any experience with this please..
THE HARDER I WORK, THE LUCKIER I GET - HENRY FORD

this user is online Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 05:58:05 PM
Nav, I used to fit Car Alarms and have been trained by most of the Manufacturers too

I was also Part of the Police "Sold-Secure" team as well

1) Don`t bother with Cliffoord - a right P.I.T.A. as alarms go and its the one that thieves learn how to get around

2) CAT 1 is a waste of time on an opened top car

3) CAT 2 is about as good as you can go for a transponder immobilser, but 99.9% of Buggies can be hotwired with 24" of cable.

4) Work on the theory that if they want a car, then they will just lift it - Alarms won`t save it - but a bloody big Anchor chain in the garage just might - look towards bike security for that one, they have some good products available.

5) need any help, give me a yell  :-)Geek

01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is online LUDICRUZ

• Beach Buggy
  • Uxbridge, Middlesex
  • Custom Predator
Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 06:21:40 PM
Darn Dave...you've just killed my 8 hours of research in 2 mins!!!! :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[, but i always appreciate your input and you have also saved me a hefty 400. ;-)up ;-)up

i haven't bought a car alarm in years, in fact i've never owned any car worth stealing!!!

Would you suggest i look at separate units and put together a kit rather than a standard off the shelf kit? 
THE HARDER I WORK, THE LUCKIER I GET - HENRY FORD

this user is offline Roadrunner

• Buggy Meister
  • Henlow, Bedfordshire, UK
  • FF LWB
Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 06:37:09 PM
You could spend your 400 (well slightly less) on a 123Ignition Tune+ distributor.

These are Bluetooth to allow you to setup your advance curves and monitor you rpm, advance, temperature from a smart phone app.

But the really nice feature is being able to disable the distributor with a PIN code.

That will prevent opportunist hot wiring. Also handy in poor weather if you want to break down and be delivered home.

this user is online Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 06:39:18 PM
Roadrunners Dizzy would be a very good one to consider - Alongside a basic Cat2 Transponder and thats about as far as you could realistically go

Give me a ring in the morning mate and we can have a chat - Bit tied up this evening

Last thing you want to do is advertise your security on a public forum  ;)
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk