Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2020, 08:15:12 AM

Quadzilla RL500 Wheel Hub and CV joint

This is a discussion for the topic Quadzilla RL500 Wheel Hub and CV joint on the board Parts Wanted.

Author Topic: Quadzilla RL500 Wheel Hub and CV joint  (Read 73 times)

this user is offline Catbat344

on: May 23, 2020, 08:57:32 PM
Hello i've purchased a Quadzilla RL500 Buggy but i failed to notice that the rear driveshaft/wheel hub has been repaired (badly, and later broke). But now i cant find any parts online, i've contacted Quadzilla and they told me that they have no spare parts in stock so they suggested that i find someone that has a broken RL500... which i have failed to find.
im hoping that the Beach Buggy community can help me out with looking for these spare parts that i really have no clue about.

parts; Rear Wheel hub and a CV joint.

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 10:38:03 PM
I guess the part in your hand is the splined tube that should be part of the rotor hub is it from inside or attached on the side. what metal is it and cast or billet machined.

this user is offline Catbat344

Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 01:39:30 PM
Yes the splined tube has broken off the wheel hub, it should be attache to the side ill supply a photo.
also the CV joint on the drive shaft is missing the thread that goes through the centre of the wheel.
im not sure about the metal... it looks part cast (the main bulk) but the splined tube may have been machined and then wielded on, although i could be totally wrong.

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 05:44:48 PM
The cv joint assy will probably be a generic off the shelf unit to keep costs down best look for a name and any serial numbers on it.
if you can get that done and the hub/ tube all assembled it may be possible to weld the splined section back on while assembled providing you chamfer the mating edge first.