Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 27, 2021, 06:57:08 PM

New engine questions (loads of questions)

This is a discussion for the topic New engine questions (loads of questions) on the board Beach Buggy Engine and Exhaust Help.

Author Topic: New engine questions (loads of questions)  (Read 1212 times)

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #15 on: May 19, 2020, 11:14:59 PM
build one to your needs and pocket, as a lot of the eBay and shop built ones are the crap like Cast cranks, flywheels, and some no-name heads, I worked in a vw garage and it was 1k back in 04? to build a bigger than stock engine less parts etc, And we had a 1776cc from the Engine shop!! to show customers, how bad an off the shelf engines can look like inside :-[ ,, In one week I put 3 heritage off the shelf engines in a bug, the pulleys were machined bad and would cut into the case the 3rd one I put the pulley on a lathe and it was like 2!! degrees out but to look at, It locked o.k,, Good parts and a guy? that is a call away Is worth the extra money..
I do not speak English well, please kindly give your patience to my wordy posts try to understand my words ... if there is anything wrong in my word's, do not take offense because what you see maybe not my true meanings.,,, Nuclear Convoy