Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2020, 09:24:08 AM

Next one GP 2020 refurb

This is a discussion for the topic Next one GP 2020 refurb on the board Members Buggies.

Author Topic: Next one GP 2020 refurb  (Read 2645 times)

this user is offline Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #45 on: May 18, 2020, 01:34:50 PM
Paul I'm totally with you on your plate preferences but I note you don't list the IVA requiring the makers name.

Perhaps you just got tired of typing the long list of necessary design horrors...
Hugh

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Meister
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #46 on: May 18, 2020, 02:44:03 PM
Hugh....  I am not quite sure of what to make of things at the moment. It`s as though someone is saying stop your build now.... Have just posted an explanation of my latest set back on a thread relating to a member query about a brand new engine purchase.

Plates for iva... Couldn`t have kept it simple could they?    :'( :'(   Apart from number plate type\location compliance two other plates are required. The first one is the manufacturers plate. This shows the type, (Meyers Manx in my case), and states it is a official approved copy and it shows the official serial number. This is simply attached to the body with rivets or small bolts and nuts. Rivets ok. Nut\Bolt if plate is in a checked zone and it will be it is subject to radii checks.

Along with this is the requirement for a speccifically arranged plate showing Manufacturers Type. VIN Number, Each of the 4 edge kerb weights plus a gross kerb weight. All have to be etched or embossed. There is a specific layout for these details. For some unknown reason it`s not good enough just to have a plate with these details present. You may have seen this sort of plate on ebay. They originated for vehicles,trailers etc and were most often yellow in colour. Officially now they should have black background with silverish,(a la aluminium), fields for the etching embossing od details.

I am hoping you can see why I am probably no longer sane   ;D ;D   Take care & stay safe  P

this user is online Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #47 on: May 18, 2020, 04:20:59 PM
.... it shows the official serial number. This is simply attached to the body with rivets or small bolts and nuts. Rivets ok. Nut\Bolt if plate is in a checked zone and it will be it is subject to radii checks.

Not sure that is completely accurate  :-\   Could be wrong   :-\

I was under the impression that any serial number plate / VIN plate or identification plate had to be secured by a means that could not be removable using basic tools - ie: rivets are ok but regular nuts and bolts are not. Not sure how security screws are viewed if the rear retainers are accessible.
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is online snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #48 on: May 18, 2020, 08:20:38 PM
surprised they do not state the id plates needs to be on the B post door frame, how do you come off with an unauthorised or non tagged body where there is no serial number issued.

reflective plates needed as it is a new vehicle registration.

IVA test is why I buy old buggies for refurb :D

this user is offline Oojamaflip

• Buggy Obsessed
  • Tamworth
  • Californian
Reply #49 on: May 18, 2020, 11:19:28 PM
surprised they do not state the id plates needs to be on the B post door frame, how do you come off with an unauthorised or non tagged body where there is no serial number issued.

reflective plates needed as it is a new vehicle registration.

IVA test is why I buy old buggies for refurb :D

Keep up the good work snoopy  ;-)up
Apparently I'm having a mid-life crisis....Lasted 30 years thus far.

LWB limited edition Californian
SWB Meyers Manx
SWB girlfriend

this user is offline Zip Buggy

• Buggy Meister
  • Bourne, Lincs
  • FF Buggy LWB
    • Zip Buddy
Reply #50 on: May 19, 2020, 12:55:08 PM
Looking good Snoopy. Yet another raised from the dead :)
Who needs prozac when you can drive a buggy?

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #51 on: May 19, 2020, 01:20:16 PM
Snoopy I saw this crime report earlier and thought of you - wouldn't want Mrs Snoopy to have her borders riffled through:

Theft Main Street, Evesham

Between Tuesday 12th May 19:00hrs Wednesday 13th May 09:05hrs
2 large Buxus spiral trees, value of 175 each and 2 Whichford Pottery Cotswold terracotta planters 225 each, have been stolen from outside the front door of a property of a property.

If you have any further information, CCTV in the area or are offered such items for sale please call 101

PS. Would Vicky be interested in a couple of nice ceramic pots and 2 large trees to go in such ?!
Hugh

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Meister
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #52 on: May 19, 2020, 04:44:42 PM

I was under the impression that any serial number plate / VIN plate or identification plate had to be secured by a means that could not be removable using basic tools - ie: rivets are ok but regular nuts and bolts are not. Not sure how security screws are viewed if the rear retainers are accessible.

Hiccup on my part Dave.....   The Vin\Corner Weights plate does need securing with rivets. The Manufacturer Plate can go on with Studs & Nylocs.

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #53 on: May 19, 2020, 07:25:48 PM
Snoopy I saw this crime report earlier and thought of you - wouldn't want Mrs Snoopy to have her borders riffled through:

Theft Main Street, Evesham

Between Tuesday 12th May 19:00hrs Wednesday 13th May 09:05hrs
2 large Buxus spiral trees, value of 175 each and 2 Whichford Pottery Cotswold terracotta planters 225 each, have been stolen from outside the front door of a property of a property.

If you have any further information, CCTV in the area or are offered such items for sale please call 101

PS. Would Vicky be interested in a couple of nice ceramic pots and 2 large trees to go in such ?!

Would the said two large trees available be Buxus spirals if so left or right hand thread spiral as one of each would look better outside the front door than 2 lefts or 2 rights. Cannot believe folks leave 800 worth of carry able item on the drive Mrs Snoopys national trust ones at 12 each are a big enough risk these days.

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #54 on: May 19, 2020, 08:26:38 PM
Well once the Evesham thief has cleaned out (or rather swiped from the front door) all the 800 sets they'll be sure to lower their sights and target the 24 sets to make weight...
Hugh

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #55 on: May 22, 2020, 10:37:40 PM
All together and been driven on the drive, needs a gasket manifold to head on the left as there is a slight leak. Was running on 3 with a u/s plug compressions all 105 to 115. Just needs wiper blades but it is insured so will tax it and have a play.

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #56 on: May 23, 2020, 07:58:07 AM
 ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #57 on: May 23, 2020, 07:59:21 AM
Well done on creating, or saving, yet another buggy.

The 'GP Beetle' badges add a little personality yet I bet you find some people will question whether it is a 'Beetle'.

Do give us a report after the road test.
Hugh

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #58 on: May 23, 2020, 10:17:40 AM
It may stop folks asking what it is and what it is based on that bit stull belongs to Dave as I have yet to pay him ;D
1200 inlet manifold seals are back order and am not paying 48 for and engine kit to get some.
raining here now so awaiting wiper blades to arrive for a decent drive out
should be for sale soon.

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #59 on: May 23, 2020, 11:04:11 AM
that bit still belongs to Dave as I have yet to pay him ;D

"Dave the Loan Shark" says that late payment means some extra "Rocky Roads" from Vic's kitchen when it re-opens !  :D

01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk