Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2020, 05:58:28 PM

Next one GP 2020 refurb

This is a discussion for the topic Next one GP 2020 refurb on the board Members Buggies.

Author Topic: Next one GP 2020 refurb  (Read 630 times)

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #15 on: March 20, 2020, 05:30:28 PM
Pan is awaiting a gearbox and rear brake pipes. Tub rear has been cut and raised an inch as the sides did not touch the pan. Ran out if resin strengthening and aligning the tub so more on the way.
 Side pods now fit although missing some bits due to an over eager jigsaw attack at sometime.
Curved steel tubes made and fitted so the cables push up from the rear  as normal to the now working mini handbrake lever.

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #16 on: March 20, 2020, 06:14:05 PM
Tidy stuff Keith and the prominent placing of the battery makes me wonder if you are going electric motor with this build !
Hugh

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #17 on: March 20, 2020, 08:17:27 PM
Hugh the internal back end is highly modded so no battery place unless I fitted a box in the seat base, it is easy near the torsion tube and nice short wires to starter and box. The electric motors will power wipers and washers hopefully as well as turning the 34BHP motor over.

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #18 on: March 20, 2020, 09:14:37 PM
Car batteries are always such chunky lumps. Someone should market a slim or light version especially given buggy’s don’t usually take much out of the battery or can be roll started in third once warm.
Hugh

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #19 on: March 20, 2020, 09:43:46 PM
 Hugh look at motor sport/racing for small light batteries they will not have the capacity for lots of turning over and running the audio with the engine off for too long.

this user is offline Zip Buggy

• Buggy Meister
  • Bourne, Lincs
  • FF Buggy LWB
    • Zip Buddy
Reply #20 on: March 21, 2020, 03:20:35 AM
Car batteries are always such chunky lumps. Someone should market a slim or light version especially given buggy’s don’t usually take much out of the battery or can be roll started in third once warm.
Hugh I have just that animal in my buggy. It's made by Odyssey and sits on the tunnel behind my dash. I'll show you next time.
Who needs prozac when you can drive a buggy?

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #21 on: March 25, 2020, 06:49:20 PM
Stuck for the gearbox so it will not roll out of the garage. Brake pipe tool from Ed’s autos meant I could get the pipes done and get the body bolted down. After a few hours making the side pods tall enough to touch the body along their length.
Front body supports done but cannot get the welder in now.
Pleased the new bonnet fits nicely just needs a few mm’s trimmed of in 2 places

photos now added as they did not go from the iphone.

side pod extensions

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 07:30:06 PM by snoopy »

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 05:24:11 PM
today was manufacture a dash frame it took longer than expected, dash is ready for covering in leather cloth in the morning when the mounting screw adhesive has set.

not sure wether to paint or polish the rear light mtgs thinking matt black will be better

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #23 on: March 26, 2020, 05:37:49 PM
Matt black is a smart and safe colour which will resonate with the seat colour unless you intend parking near Vanessa and want something shiny to impress her !
Hugh

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #24 on: March 27, 2020, 07:52:51 PM
Matt black it is Hugh but VHT exhaust coating as the matt black tin ran out, reshaped to lower the lights and recut the bottom corners, now it shows the l/h body deeper than the right so will need trimming once on all 4 wheels.

dash covered and column in just need a w/s washer switch when we get back to normal.

a quick pic of the front body support after painting.

need to sit downamd draw up a missing parts list.