Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 27, 2021, 07:25:06 PM

unleaded /additive

This is a discussion for the topic unleaded /additive on the board Beach Buggy Engine and Exhaust Help.

Author Topic: unleaded /additive  (Read 1172 times)

this user is offline shuffles

• Cardiff
  • not sure
on: January 21, 2020, 01:46:23 PM
hello
is there an easy way to know if the engine is ok on unleaded or put an additive in
what is the best thing to do
thanks

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 02:01:20 PM
Beetle engines are safe on unleaded so save money and just put petrol in.

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Veteran
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 02:03:47 PM
Beetle engines are safe on unleaded so save money and just put petrol in.

Keith.... Does this apply to original vw heads & exhaust valve seats only or are the aftermarket heads\seats ok as well.. Was asked this question just very recently ?

this user is offline Manxdavid

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 04:34:12 PM
Aftermarket heads will be fine too. Companies selling 'unleaded conversions' are con-men to be avoided.
Photos printed on genuine ILFORD® paper.

"Ah, Beach Buggies, sure, just a quick cheap way of getting a few more years out of a rusty Beetle. You can throw one together in a weekend." anon.

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 08:16:41 PM
Nicely put by David ;-)up

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 07:11:37 PM
The Odd thing is you can not add lead to fuel unless you got a refinery to make and add tetraethyl lead and if you do you need to add ethylene dibromide and ethylene dichloride, hello Cancer" to clean the leadoff sparkplugs, etc, All the new? the additive is, Iodine? mix,,, as alcohols are among the best antiknock fuels, but they are no good for aircraft,, You can???? still get tetraethyl lead fuel in Iraq, Yemen and Algeria as It is sold by a UK company ::),,,  But any way Unleaded fuel is OK in VW's and Brazil that make VW's and heads etc ,, They use E30 all the way up to E100 They sell two engines for T1 in Brail an Unleaded fuel engines for!! export and an E-fuel Engines that makes more HP as it has more C/R ..I can? still, buy 4 star,, But Would I NO ;-)up as I can make high octane fuel cheaper at home add gunwash it is added to fuel anyway but only like 5-10 %,    Vw made their T1 engines to work on the low of the low octane fuel and is why they had low compression ratio stock a 1600cc flat top piston engine Is 7.5:1 so 91ron Is ok,, we have 95ron and up now so a 1300cc that has fly-cut heads and 8.1:1 and 1600cc b/p's will still only need 95ron fuel  So the best thing to do is add cheap? fuel and have fun,,
I do not speak English well, please kindly give your patience to my wordy posts try to understand my words ... if there is anything wrong in my word's, do not take offense because what you see maybe not my true meanings.,,, Nuclear Convoy

this user is online Zip Buggy

• Buggy Meister
  • Bourne, Lincs
  • FF Buggy LWB
    • Zip Buddy
Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 10:57:59 PM
The Odd thing is you can not add lead to fuel unless you got a refinery to make and add tetraethyl lead and if you do you need to add ethylene dibromide and ethylene dichloride, hello Cancer" to clean the leadoff sparkplugs, etc, All the new? the additive is, Iodine? mix,,, as alcohols are among the best antiknock fuels, but they are no good for aircraft,, You can???? still get tetraethyl lead fuel in Iraq, Yemen and Algeria as It is sold by a UK company ::),,,  But any way Unleaded fuel is OK in VW's and Brazil that make VW's and heads etc ,, They use E30 all the way up to E100 They sell two engines for T1 in Brail an Unleaded fuel engines for!! export and an E-fuel Engines that makes more HP as it has more C/R ..I can? still, buy 4 star,, But Would I NO ;-)up as I can make high octane fuel cheaper at home add gunwash it is added to fuel anyway but only like 5-10 %,    Vw made their T1 engines to work on the low of the low octane fuel and is why they had low compression ratio stock a 1600cc flat top piston engine Is 7.5:1 so 91ron Is ok,, we have 95ron and up now so a 1300cc that has fly-cut heads and 8.1:1 and 1600cc b/p's will still only need 95ron fuel  So the best thing to do is add cheap? fuel and have fun,,
Very interesting stuff. Would you not say it's better to use the Super that has no ethanol to protect the rubber parts in the system?
Who needs prozac when you can drive a buggy?

this user is offline Flags

• Buggy Meister
  • Dorset
  • Orange
Reply #7 on: January 24, 2020, 11:54:47 PM
Or you could just buy magic lead beans and ever sharp drill bits from the same guy.

this user is offline Manxdavid

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 07:37:05 AM
Or you could just buy magic lead beans and ever sharp drill bits from the same guy.

At the shows next to the guy that used to polish the Mini bonnet then set it on fire, along with the crackly ignition booster thingy?
Photos printed on genuine ILFORD® paper.

"Ah, Beach Buggies, sure, just a quick cheap way of getting a few more years out of a rusty Beetle. You can throw one together in a weekend." anon.

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 07:56:22 AM
I’m a believer in the effectiveness of ‘Go faster stripes’.
Hugh

this user is online Doon L001

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • Nr Leek Staffordshire
  • DOON LWB
Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 08:59:23 AM
Fluffy dice solve all problems
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"