Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2020, 10:01:34 PM

Booking info and list for Festival of Light 11th and 12th July Ashbourne

This is a discussion for the topic Booking info and list for Festival of Light 11th and 12th July Ashbourne on the board Events, Cruises and Gatherings.

Author Topic: Booking info and list for Festival of Light 11th and 12th July Ashbourne  (Read 2204 times)

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
It will be predominately towns and cities where they have a lot of students or large BEMA populations as they all went out protesting before the rest of the population went mad heading for the crowded beaches in the sunshine so flare up 2 and 3 are on the way

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
It will be predominately towns and cities where they have a lot of students or large BEMA populations as they all went out protesting before the rest of the population went mad heading for the crowded beaches in the sunshine so flare up 2 and 3 are on the way

And don`t forget flare up no.4 from people who are so desperate for a holiday without accepting we are still in the middle of a Pandemic   :-X

The locals down here are being sensible, but the tourists certainly are not    >:(

01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Cannot believe all the folk looking at continental holidays and sitting on a plane for hours with air conditioning on circulating stuff as not everyone can keep the mask on 100% of the time if they have sneezing fits or an allergy to go to a hotel with air con running.

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Cannot believe all the folk looking at continental holidays and sitting on a plane for hours with air conditioning on circulating stuff as not everyone can keep the mask on 100% of the time if they have sneezing fits or an allergy to go to a hotel with air con running.

I`m sure I heard that one of the resorts was making mask wearing mandatory on the beach too - Should make for some interesting sun tans   ;D
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline Krug

• Buggy Meister
  • Tintwistle

This is not proving to always be the case, especially in Derbyshire.   We were inundated by the "essential exercise" brigade long before any of the protests.   Some of the Derbyshire villages were gridlocked.   On the Woodhead Pass, where I live, there were ridiculous numbers of cyclists, Runners, local car clubs meeting in groups of 60 plus, one day over 1000 motorcycles were recorded at a greasy spoon on the pass, and of course we had the "I have to take a BBQ so I can eat my burgers when exercising" idiots that set fire to the moors.  I faced abuse and ridicule when I called this out at the time on facebook (even by people in this community). But now we are seeing the impact.  We have almost no BEMA or Students in my area yet 17 cases were recorded in a local care home over the past weeks.   Derbyshire Police were publicly ridiculed for being too heavy handed and had to totally back off.  They and the local authority have refereed to tourist Covid imports as the negative effect we now have as a result of allowing people to do what they want.

The fact is this is here for the long term until (if we ever do) get a vaccine and its looking more and more like local lockdowns will become the norm (which are questionable as to the impact they will have as many will simply ignore them).

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
ridiculous numbers of cyclists, Runners, local car clubs meeting in groups of 60 plus, one day over 1000 motorcycles were recorded at a greasy spoon on the pass, and of course we had the "I have to take a BBQ so I can eat my burgers when exercising" idiots

Krug, You should have said you were coming to Torbay, we could have met up   ;D  ::)
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline Dave C

• Beach Buggy
  • Birmingham
  • Doon
Hi everyone Must say looking forward to Ashbourne Need a Break At 71 Having  spent 3 months working Delivery at Rest Homes old peopleís Homes supplying Old age pensions Yes Iíve been Very Careful Taking no risks Distance Is the Key And quite Sure Being sensible Buggy Families  Everyone Has different Views But Itís nice to know We all think of  each other

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Great Dave that you are being temporarily released from your responsibilities to bring your marvellous personality to the buggy gathering.

Hope you have started packing although Iím told fancy dress is not compulsorily !
Hugh

this user is offline Dave C

• Beach Buggy
  • Birmingham
  • Doon
Thank you Hugh Working in the chemist Iíve Been Trained and tested For cov19 So youíre Safe with us As to the dressing up Every Thursday we dressed up to bring some entertainment to the old people in our grove So had a enough of dressing up For now. (We did get a trophy for it)

this user is offline Krug

• Buggy Meister
  • Tintwistle
I just want to be clear. I am not suggesting you dont have this event. Do what ever you feel is ok for you. We all have different circumstances and views (for example my Mothers situation). I love (most) of this community and this is why I call out the issues in Derbyshire. I have personally tried to stay safe whilst supporting the local Covid support, food and medical support, virtual support radio and social media, acting as the community gov covid interpreter ( on average 60 plus gov emails a day), shopping for local pensioners etc... plus working in my day job.   I love my community / village and that's why I have done all of this. I try to always use factual and trusted data so we are informed.   After that every individual does what ever they think is right. Same for this community.  People who have been to my house may recall a car park at the side of my house in a sleepy little village. Last Saturday there was an illegal rave for an hour in the car park can you believe..until a few of us broke it up.  That's how mad parts of Derbyshire has been so dont think the hills and views give protect you.     I really hope you have a great weekend and would love to have been there ...but please respect my choice like I will respect yours.

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
I just want to be clear. I am not suggesting you dont have this event. Do what ever you feel is ok for you. We all have different circumstances and views . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . .  I really hope you have a great weekend and would love to have been there . . . . . . but please respect my choice like I will respect yours.

;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Completely get where you are coming from Krug and as you say everyone has different considerations to balance and factor in.

Joe Public does seem to include a distinct number of idiots but they aren't helped by the Government's nebulous phrase 'Stay Alert' added to by the examples set by Jenrick, Cummings etc on how to interpret the rules.

Hugh

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
The good thing about covid is how it transmits so mitigation measures can be put in place to reduce or stop it, personally joggers and alike out and about puffing and panting are given a wide berth and I look away from the when at closer range I also turn my back on folks when passing when out if you cannot give a 2m spacing, hands in the pockets are safer so you touch nothing
Some folks you see are living how the world was pre covid and it makes no sense.
The unfortunate truth is if 40% can carry it with no symptoms it is here to stay we are in the new normal and only a vaccine for the vulnerable will start life getting back to something like the old normal.

Thinking big public events are finished possibly even for 2021
Stay safe and look after number 1 and do what you think is right for nearest and dearest there are plenty of folks doing wrong outthere.

this user is online Doon L001

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • Nr Leek Staffordshire
  • DOON LWB
Blimey I thought I had accidentally logged into Facebook

We're all relatively grown up, sensible when it matters and have a very strong culture of looking out for one another, can we please stick to buggies from here on?
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
buggy fix is next weekend and weather looks like we will be ok barring any more restrictions coming into force. cruise will be a play it by ear job arranged friday night matlock bath may be a drive through I was thinking about some of the picnic areas shown on maps with view point may be used as meet up points.