Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2020, 10:58:29 PM

Booking info and list for Festival of Light 11th and 12th July Ashbourne

This is a discussion for the topic Booking info and list for Festival of Light 11th and 12th July Ashbourne on the board I know what you did last Summer . . ..

Author Topic: Booking info and list for Festival of Light 11th and 12th July Ashbourne  (Read 4609 times)

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Latest update but still only hypothetical Annabel is hoping to open on the 4th of July so we may have a social distancing buggy weekend.

this user is offline Hugh

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Thatís encouraging and still a long way off in terms of the restrictions greatly easing.
Hugh

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
News from the camp site is fingers crossed it may be ok Depending on what the government say in the next few days on social distancing with regards to the facilities.

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
As much as we would both like to come up and share a beer and a few campfire stories with the rest of you, with Lisa's condition the way it is we are still on a very strict isolation down here. Sadly, pushing the boundaries to sit in a field just isn`t worth the risk to us. So we have decided to give all of the shows a rest this year and hopefully find some time to fix my Buggy (haven't even seen it this year - its still in the garage sulking).

Stay safe everyone and see you all next year  8)

And please keep the photo's coming as its great to see what you are all up to  ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Understandable Dave and I think the covid restrictions will be here for a long time to some extent Unless they find a cure. Boris has just announced campsites can open with precautions in place so looking good we can all catch up next year hopefully.

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
 I have spoken to the site owner and we are good to go there will be limits on the numbers allowed in the toilets and facilities at anyone time with hand cleanser also dotted around andsignage.
We arrive on friday early afternoon.
There are some vacancies if any one else wants to attend the wekend but tell them you are buggy club when booking.
https://www.commonendfarmcampsite.co.uk/

this user is offline Krug

• Buggy Meister
  • Tintwistle
We have decided that we will not be attending (even for the day).  The outbreaks in Leicester just go to show that Covid is still very much alive in the community and having looked after an 85 and 94 year old all the way through this, we just cant take the risk for their sake.

Hope you have a good one.

Tony & Mandy

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
100% understandable Tony. You'll both be missed.

My wonky self justification for going is that firstly it's now officially allowed by the Government and Herefordshire has a very low level of Covid so I'm 'only' risking getting it and then will be 'only' risking my wife getting it from me if I keep away from people for a few days after Ashbourne...

I think chances are my buggy's rather more likely to break down and I'll find myself ingloriously recovered home. When I got AA assistance last week the friendly man said although motorists could not travel in their vehicles in fact I could travel seated in my buggy as it was towed rather than have to arrange my own transport home. He then determined his van couldn't tow my buggy - lack of suitable attachment arrangements - and he'd arrange a recovery truck. The recovery truck driver was also very friendly but said as it was over 10 miles I couldn't sit in the buggy (apparently agreed with the Police) and I would need separate transport - I hadn't actually much fancied the idea of being towed home sitting powerlessly in my buggy like some defeated Roman foe in one of their Triumph parades !

Anyway Tony I hope you are keeping your buggy clean and shiny despite not using it !
Hugh

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
No worries Tony better safe than sorry, we will not be behaving like the idiotic Leicester rioters for the blm lot but with the higher % population being BEMA and their lefty whites out this was only to be expected, hopefully liverpool fans and beach goers will all self isolate now to reduce their spread of it.
The camp site is on reduced numbers for spacing out and checking behaviour so with sanitisers and being sensible we will be ok.

this user is offline Oojamaflip

• Buggy Obsessed
  • Tamworth
  • Californian
So itís going ahead snoopy do we need a new list seems months since we had a list  :D
Apparently I'm having a mid-life crisis....Lasted 30 years thus far.

LWB limited edition Californian
SWB Meyers Manx
SWB girlfriend

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Essentially a good idea Oojamaflip so here's a provisional list from what I understand from previous posts:

Leebow & Jenny - Saturday daytime only
Hugh - local b
Dave M - local b
Allan & Vanessa - local b
Lawson & Alison - local b
Scott & Jackie - local b
Dave C & Gail - local b
Paul & Sue  -   camping 6amp EHU Fri and Sat nights, booked and deposit paid
Farmer Rob, Laura & Jamie - camping, booked and deposit paid
Oojamaflip - Glamping
Keith and Vicky caravan EHU fri and sat nights may be more. booked and deposit paid
Dave and Lynn Doon Saturday day
Simon, Jo and the Kids Friday and Saturday Night , Motorhome booked and paid in full
Shaggy and Pam - EHU camping
Hugh

• Buggy Meister
  • Tintwistle
Keep an eye on local lockdowns  - latest on areas where new lockdowns are being considered - this is bouncing around in the media (so always worth questioning as it may not be true) and as yet there is nothing on the official UK Gov site

Barking and Dagenham
Brent
Derbyshire
Doncaster
Ealing
Enfield
Gateshead
Gloucestershire
Greater Manchester
Hammersmith and Fulham
Haringey
Harrow
Havering
Hounslow
Isle of Wight
Kensington and Chelsea
Medway
Milton Keynes
Plymouth
Portsmouth
Redbridge
Redcar and Cleveland
Richmond upon Thames
Sandwell
Slough
Suffolk
Sunderland
Tower Hamlets
Wakefield
Walsall
Wandsworth
Westminster
Wigan
Wiltshire
Windsor and Maidenhead
York

• Buggy Prince
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Interesting.

It does seem the Government gives a day or so's warning of which location before a lock down; else there are a few places on this list I really don't wish to get stuck in...
Hugh

• Buggy Meister
  • Tintwistle
I picked up on this because we are officially Derbyshire (even though its been Lancashire and Cheshire in the past  :) ) and there has been quite a bit of local coverage in the local press.   How this will be enforced is anyone's guess as I cant see anything on the Gov.UK web site