Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2020, 06:17:29 AM

NEC - Practical Classics ***CANCELLED COVID-19***

This is a discussion for the topic NEC - Practical Classics ***CANCELLED COVID-19*** on the board Events, Cruises and Gatherings.

Author Topic: NEC - Practical Classics ***CANCELLED COVID-19***  (Read 2165 times)

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
To save money on car parking for day visitors, this was used for the November 19 show
NEW! PARK AT THE AIRPORT FOR £9
New for the 2019 we are working in partnership with NCP Car Parks to provide an additonal, cost effective, parking option close to venue.

Visitor can park in the airport NCP Car Park 5, between 8am and 7.30pm, for just £9 when booking in advance. Please note: these times are very strict - any early arrival or overstay will be charged at the full day rate of £38 - so please ensure your stay is within these times.

To book visit the NCP website and enter the code Classic19.

From the Car Park you can take the courtesy bus or a short walk to the terminal to connect to the free monorail service which runs every 2 mins to the railway station which leads through to the NEC

Will leave it up to individuals to check on and book if possible

this user is offline Jaysons Dad

• Buggy Baron
  • Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
  • 1961 Beaujangles Can Am
Snoopy,

Happy to play Taxi again if there is a bed for me   ;)

I am happy to help out with the Swiss buggy restoration  ;-)up
Definitions -
Understeer  - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer    - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower - How fast you hit the fence
Torque        - How far you take the fence with you

this user is offline Wrinkly Ninja

• Buggy Obsessed
  • Albrighton
  • Swiss Buggy
Snoopy,

Happy to play Taxi again if there is a bed for me   ;)

I am happy to help out with the Swiss buggy restoration  ;-)up

Top man Lawson, hope you don’t mind sleeping in a cardboard box  ;D
Will dance for petrol.

this user is offline Doon L040

• Northampton
  • Doon LWB
Hi Snoopy

Happy New Year to you.

If there’s still room for another Buggy, then I would love to join you and bring along my White LWB Doon.

Just let me know if there’s room on the stand and if so what time I would need to arrive with regards setting up the display?

All the best.

Peter

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Hi Peter, Happy new year to you too. We can use your Doon as it is nice to have fresh cars. We set up on Thursday around midday after meeting at a nearby pub for breakfast then kicking out time is Sunday around 5.30.

More info will follow just confirm you are happy to do the times above.

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Accepted buggies so far are
Allen’s chassis
Chad one of two Doons
Shaggy with Thunder
Peters Doon 040

Wrinkly Ninja has broken his trailer so has pulled out with the project buggy so we have space for one. looking for a SWB ideally as of today.

In reserve we have Badgers ranchero and Lawton’s can am
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 10:49:29 PM by snoopy »

this user is offline Doon L040

• Northampton
  • Doon LWB
Hi Snoopy

Please count me in, keep me posted ref final arrangements etc.

All the best.

Peter  ;-)up

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
You are in I have just received the e mail where I start form filling and any risk assessments.

Space for 1 SWB ideally if anyone is interested.

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Any exhibitors or potential ones for the spare swb place, are there any jobs to be done on your buggies apart from some cleaning/ polishing or applying more dirt for the used look as I have 30 days to get the risk assessment forms filled in and accepted for any planned work.

PM me or add it on here the only no no is spray painting also we have no electricity for power tools

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
the stand and insurance stuff arrived today so it will be £20 a display vehicle to cover the cost.  A fair increase in cost from the previous £55 to £65. still cheap as you get £170+ worth of tickets and parking

this user is offline Allan

• Buggy Baron
  • Birmingham
  • Sidewinder
Snoopy I will settle up with you at the next Mbc night 😃

this user is offline Shaggy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Veteran
  • midlands
  • Limited edition Californian
Will see you next NBC to settle up Snoopy
I'm in my buggy,
It's raining,
I really don't care.

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
buggies on the stand they would like a few photos of the buggies as they are putting together the books and blurb so can you please send me a couple of nice photos as e mail attachments and I will forward them.

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Buggers - 

I know that opinion on this condition is somewhat "speculative" and a fair bit of media scaremongering is also going on - Whilst it can be argued that many of the facts do not quite add up to anything worse than seasonal flu with a percentage of contagion / death rate far below the average of populous reported, it can also be argued just as well that people are indeed dying, many are deeply concerned and that it also needs to be taken seriously. There is no doubt though that things will almost certainly spread here in the UK and that many more reports will materialize from coughs and snivels to serious problems. With many National "gatherings" being under review at the moment for obvious reasons, I have received an email from the NEC regarding the show being held in the next few weeks. Obviously, this is going to be a somewhat fluid scenario and things may change at short notice, so if anyone hears anything first hand that isn`t from a Facebook panic with burning pitchforks, please post it on here. Keep safe people, and should anyone wish to pull out of displaying or attending this event whatever the current situation, it is completely understood and nobody on here will think any less of you - but please let us know, so we can fill any empty spaces if necessary.

Coronavirus/COVID-19 Guidance
Clarion Events, the organisers of the show, has published the following statement about the Coronavirus for exhibitors:

Ensuring the safety of all customers and attendees to our events is our top priority.  We are continuing to monitor closely the latest public health and government advice in each of our markets around the world.  Practical Classic Car & Restoration Show 2020 is going ahead as planned – there are no attendees from China and Hong Kong.

As a precaution, we will be implementing a range of additional hygiene measures – further information can be found on the event website: www.necrestorationshow.com/faqs

We support the stance taken by the Global Association for the Exhibition Industry, the UFI, and remain committed to delivering innovative and market-leading events.

Where possible we are providing alcohol-based hand rub in the event space but you may wish to consider bringing your own alcohol-based hand rub to have available for your staff and visitors on your stand.

We are enhancing cleaning in the general event space but you may wish to consider bringing your own cleaning materials so you can disinfect your stand more frequently (please ensure all cleaning materials are disposed of safely).

Please advise your staff to:

Clean hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub frequently
    Cover nose and mouth with tissues or inside of elbow when coughing or sneezing
    Capture coughs and sneezes in tissues and bin them immediately to avoid spreading germs - coughs and sneezes travel further than you think
    Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
    Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth wherever possible
    Please report any incidents or concerns to the Organisers Office

Updates will be posted here as and when new information comes to light.

01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
fence around the stand and keep well back from folks.