Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2019, 07:11:56 PM

DESERTER BOUNTY HUNTER GULLWING HARDTOP WANTED

This is a discussion for the topic DESERTER BOUNTY HUNTER GULLWING HARDTOP WANTED on the board Beach Buggy General Help.

Author Topic: DESERTER BOUNTY HUNTER GULLWING HARDTOP WANTED  (Read 321 times)

this user is offline beachcomber

on: November 21, 2019, 11:31:33 PM
In urgent need of a gullwing hardtop - any condition.

Will buy or hire ...........

Don't seem to be able to post pix ?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 11:33:20 PM by beachcomber »

this user is offline Manxdavid

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 09:56:55 AM
Deserters and Bounty Hunters were different lengths so make sure you get the right one. Deserters were 4 inches longer.
Photos printed on genuine ILFORDŽ paper.

"Ah, Beach Buggies, sure, just a quick cheap way of getting a few more years out of a rusty Beetle. You can throw one together in a weekend." anon.

Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 10:39:47 AM
Deserters and Bounty Hunters were different lengths so make sure you get the right one. Deserters were 4 inches longer.

MD, thanx for the headsup, but our project [ still Buggy based ] is slightly longer and wider than either of the stock models.It will be unique in the marketplace for a number of reasons that will become obvious further down the line.

The top would have to be quartered and fettled to fit our application. It also depends where the additional length comes in. I suspect that might not be the cabin area.

At the moment a Gullwing top for either is OK, we just need the basic outline, but thanx again for the info. ;-)up

this user is offline Manxdavid

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 12:04:41 PM

« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 12:27:12 PM by Manxdavid »
Photos printed on genuine ILFORDŽ paper.

"Ah, Beach Buggies, sure, just a quick cheap way of getting a few more years out of a rusty Beetle. You can throw one together in a weekend." anon.

Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 01:57:56 PM

MD, thanx for your continued feedback .......... the Red car is the style but it looks like it's been modified to be a permanent fixture ?

For my application it needs to be removable.

I'm not sure how to post pix yet, as soon as I do I'll post up the actual item I want. I've tracked down 2 - owned by the same woman, but she doesn't want to play.

Do you know of any UK / EU source for those ?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 02:01:58 PM by beachcomber »

this user is online snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb

Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 06:21:25 PM
is this any help as your link does not work, very rare item in the UK would have thought the Germans would have more.
  https://www.google.com/search?q=bounty+hunter+gull+wing+hard+top&sxsrf=ACYBGNSgWObZKPf-P-GLksqbr_-okMAjmw:1574441737222&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=eN2t6ESqTxTfiM%253A%252CbckKh8Ksia4tTM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRR3Ixc75sYdK8nf7TKMbLtdkfWdw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjpwt3DpP7lAhVEi1wKHX0wDTQQ9QEwAnoECAkQDA#imgrc=eN2t6ESqTxTfiM:

Yes - we have found a German woman who has TWO ! But won't part with one or hire it out. ::) Making her an offer which hopefully she can't refuse !

Also found examples in Belgium and Switzerland - but again, can't prise one loose.

Thanx to all for your feedback.