Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2020, 03:09:04 AM

Petrol leak

This is a discussion for the topic Petrol leak on the board Beach Buggy Engine and Exhaust Help.

Author Topic: Petrol leak  (Read 239 times)

this user is offline Dipsy Deb

• Beach Buggy
  • Gwent
  • LWB Rat
on: October 02, 2019, 10:02:43 AM
Hi My fun in buggy has ended for the winter due to a petrol leak which we thought was the tank but after taking off the windscreen, dash, headlights and then finally the bonnet it was the little pipe on the rear of tank broken in two places. So a cheap fix but time consuming on my RAT.  😂
🔷Dipsy Deb

this user is offline farmer rob

• Buggy Meister
  • northants
  • SWB Rat
Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 01:32:59 PM
Sorry to hear that!. The day I was taking my buggy for it's MOT, it had decided to empty all the petrol out on the floor  ;D ;D same problem. If the flexible bit of pipe has a tight bend on it, use longer pipe an put a loop on it; it can make it so you can fit the flexible easier on some models as you can get to the clips easier.

Put some paint on your tank while it is out and it might be worth cleaning and greasing electrical connectors behind the dash while it is in bits ;-)up

Rob

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 02:39:25 PM
Not unusual as many hoses pre date the ethanol fuel we have these days so best to change the one under the tank and filler hoses whilst it is all to bits.

this user is offline Dipsy Deb

• Beach Buggy
  • Gwent
  • LWB Rat
Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 04:11:06 PM
Cheers yes we are going to renew any bits that might cause probs in future and paint bits & pieces, should have done it the first time we had it out but I wanted it on road to enjoy the summer. 👍
We live & learn. Anyone know where I can buy some patience tried in Tesco sold out.😂
🔷Dipsy Deb