Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2020, 04:49:50 PM

GP1 superbuggy - engine in/out trouble ?!!

This is a discussion for the topic GP1 superbuggy - engine in/out trouble ?!! on the board Beach Buggy Body and Chassis Help.

Author Topic: GP1 superbuggy - engine in/out trouble ?!!  (Read 243 times)

this user is offline Marsdenmoor

on: September 29, 2019, 08:08:43 PM
Hello,
Anyone with a gp superbuggy had problems with clearance getting engine in / out when body on chassis. Fan-shroud is hitting body moulding when trying to get engine in past gearbox shaft. Physically canít see how it will go. Might be because itís on a 1960 pan which has one year only slightly higher gearbox position I believe.
Suggestions so far are to remove / lower gearbox. Think i prefer unbolting the body to give me the couple of inches I need to get motor in. Itíll be a pita though every time motor has to come out. Anyone else had this?

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 10:08:01 PM
bodies can and do sag it it has been off the pan for a while or cut about. easiest way is to fit packing pieces  under the rear body to pan edges and a tapered wedge down the sides or a complete body lift frame under the body on the pan.
note the rear and front slope require thinner section as it is on a slope not sitting vertical on the flat pan.

this user is offline Flags

• Buggy Meister
  • Dorset
  • Orange
Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 10:33:20 PM
Change the alt/genny stand studs to bolts then build it back up when engine is back in?