Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2019, 01:05:34 PM

Dreamshacks Old Bugle

This is a discussion for the topic Dreamshacks Old Bugle on the board Newbie Welcome Area.

Author Topic: Dreamshacks Old Bugle  (Read 357 times)

this user is offline DubshedDan

on: September 27, 2019, 03:59:32 PM
Hey There,
As the subject title says I've just bought Marks old Bugle.
Its being collected tomorrow so will post some pictures soon.
I'm getting it as a shell with some kind of tube chassis.
I've seen it on here from way back and am keen to restore it back to how it was back then.
Its looking a little sorry for itself, the stickers are all faded but for me thats its appeal. I may just clear coat as is, we will see.
As we all do I've got some big plans for it.
It will be moving to a new home in the South of France so it will get to be used on the beach and forest trails so hopefully a fitting home.
Any info would be gratefully received.
Keep you all posted!!
Many Thanks
Dan

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 05:04:50 PM
A good project there then so keeping us posted on the rebuild will be good news.
 Does France still accept correctly registered buggies from the UK or anywhere else for that matter.

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 09:05:50 PM
Well done Dan I admire your clarity of vision and look forward to hearing and seeing progress.
Hugh

Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 10:16:00 PM
The French system for kits or modified is a mine field.
As I'm not getting any UK paperwork V5 etc with the shell my plan is to start with a French registered chassis,I then plan to get that changed to VW Convertible which is acceptable.
There are several buggies in my area which run the same. They don't recognise VW Buggy as VW didn't ever make one.
I may look in to the fact that Bugle is recognised as a manufacturer, but only a recent thought, I'm a while off yet.
If all else fails it will go on UK V5 and it gets trailered back every year for an MOT!!

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 08:26:35 AM
If all else fails it will go on UK V5 and it gets trailered back every year for an MOT!!

Welcome aboard  ;-)up

You might want to research that statement as some EU countries have some very different rules about that one. When I had a UK registered car in Mallorca, they started getting really shirty with me for anything that had been there more than six months, and regular Police pulls started to be problematic. I`m pretty sure that we have similar rules here about how long a vehicle can stay before requiring to be registered and I don`t think its actually that long.
 :-\
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Meister
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 07:14:46 AM
it will get to be used on the beach and forest trails so hopefully

So rare to hear this nowadays......   ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up

Don`t waste your money on the aftermarket chrome tin crap.  (Oh why don`t I ever listen to my own advice... ;D ;D).  Warm sunshine and sea water will destroy it. (Think it was Keith, Snoopy, who I first saw use the word "Chineseum". Believe me that is what this tinware is.    ;-)up ;-)up

this user is offline Doon L001

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • Nr Leek Staffordshire
  • DOON LWB
Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 08:20:38 AM
Chineseum, the exact opposite of Adamantium
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"

Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 08:25:00 AM
Thank you all for your warm welcome!
Thanks for the advice Paul, the slightest bare metal here rusts in front of your eyes!!

I think you're right Dave 6 months is the norm before they can start to get funny. The biggest issue is with the Insurance companies. You can insure with a French insurer but they do make you confirm that you are in the process of changing to French reg. Most UK insurers only give you 3 months abroad cover. So it wouldn't be my choice to do that route.

I'm aiming to go the French registration route, if all goes well the information I find along the way may be useful to others wanting to register in Europe. I won't even bring the Brxxxit word in to the equation!!!

this user is offline chrisbarker

• Buggy Lord
  • Abinger Dorking
  • lwb gt
Reply #8 on: September 29, 2019, 12:56:24 PM
welcome to the forum
the arc built by Amateurs,the titanic built by professionals nuff said