Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 11:33:33 AM

Blackrock sands and finally getting my buggy on the beach!

This is a discussion for the topic Blackrock sands and finally getting my buggy on the beach! on the board I know what you did last Summer . . ..

Author Topic: Blackrock sands and finally getting my buggy on the beach!  (Read 200 times)

this user is offline Vanessa

• Buggy Addict
Hugh has suggested I write more with my photos rather than just throw them on  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

So after the Northern buggy club posted on Facebook that they were going to Blackrock sands, a few of us MBC decided to join in. We met Hugh at Shrewsbury on Friday and managed to avoid heavy rain, which is a good job as I had stolen the roof off the orange buggy and it had been gaffa taped on  ;D

A great ride up there to our caravan at Green Acres where Hugh clearly enjoyed the 'the boys' entertainment on Friday night  ;D

I must add, before Hugh corrects me, that he wasn't staying in a caravan but a B&B with butler service down the road  ;D

So after a fun night on Friday, we headed to Port Meirion on Saturday where we went on a train ride and Allan insulted me by getting me in as an OAP and Karl joined us for the day.

Hugh cleaning his new exhaust after the ride around  ;-)up

So after impatiently waiting for hours and hours, we finally went to the beach for a play and a photo shoot, where Dave Dream had also joined us with the orange buggy. It was also here that Hugh kicked a jellyfish at Allan and apparently I shouldn't say but he screamed like a girl  ;D ;D Sorry about all the photos of my own buggy but I was just too excited to get pictures that I forgot everyone else  ;D ;D

My dad hadn't thought about what he had done when he left the keys in his buggy.....................

We have been twice this year to Blackrock sands with the Northern buggy crew and I can't recommend this enough. Hopefully more people will join us next year as great company and definitely great fun  ;-)up

« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 06:30:09 PM by Vanessa »

this user is offline HughBug

• Beach Buggy
  • Kent, UK
  • Kyote
Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 08:23:03 PM
Wonderful !

A load of very calendar-worthy shots there, hint hint ;)

I'm currently researching places down south for getting on a beach, and I've found two likely spots that need investigating.

Cheers :)

Hugh the 2nd
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing........warning - this user has very little knowledge :D

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 08:11:06 AM
A load of very calendar-worthy shots there, hint hint ;)
Hugh the 2nd

You beat me to it !

Hopefully Vanessa will send me some of those over for next years Calendar   ;-)up

Certainly a couple therw I would like to use of all the Buggys together
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 02:30:52 PM
Great shots Vanessa and I think some of your buggy and yours with Allan’s other 2 buggys really outstanding. Like you I’m going to stick ‘too many’ images up as it might give a better feel to those not there and reflects the enjoyment we all felt. I do note that you don't highlight the fact Allan drove over children's sand castles

Point of fact the live entertainment was ‘The BoyZ’ not ‘The Boys’ and yes I did enjoy it in my own way !

The journey there involved stopping at Allan’s approved layby near Bala

Where lunch was eaten off the bikini roofs rather than the benches provided

Then another tea stop to buy lottery tickets

But we arrived well ahead of Paul & Jenny, Dave Mayer and Scott due to them deciding to travel from ‘the north’ where it was raining heavily and they unfortunately encountered a buggy fuse/electrical issues. But despite Dave C’s skills at impersonation we got the keys to three caravans and relevant passes for our delayed friends. It was rather novel standing in the ‘Standard’ queue which was by far the longest but my server took one look at me and then offered me an upgrade

Parking for 1 was allowed per caravan but security seemed lacks

I went off to book in at my accommodation. The local castle was in poor repair so I roughed it in a b&b

Returning to the caravan park I nipped on the beach for a quick snap

I sent the image to my daughter who returned it saying she had made some needed enhancements. Whilst I prefer ‘honesty’ I must say the improved gloss paint work and lacquer exhaust look does appeal

Saturday morning visit to Portmeirion where Karl caught up with us but arrived after we had parked and entered so isn't in shot

This proved to be Allan’s spiritual home and the Welsh ‘train’ driver took a shine to him when he learnt he was from Birmingham but wasn’t able to cadge a mint from Allan

Back at the caravan site and off along the Llyn Peninsular to walk a beach and skim pebbles badly. Then Dave Dream made a grand entrance and we finally went onto the beach as a group

Lining up the buggys with appropriate back ground hills took a bit of doing

Dave Dream seemed to have keys/access to several prime buggys and demonstrated how to make doughnuts.

I managed to get a private shot just with Allan’s buggy but out of respect I parked behind and put his in front of larger mountains. The jellyfish is for scale but I did flick it over for Allan to inspect and he did express some concern that it might grow legs and attack him…

Driving back to my b&b I failed to capture the ruined castle and moon but not for want of stopping twice as, to the eye, the scenes of moonlight were amazing

Scott’s charming sister Dawn had arrived on Sturday evening and it seemed rude not to take her for a drive on the beach on Sunday morning. Then we all cruised to the White Water Centre near Bala which was literally teeming with water and Kayaks and rafts sweeping down the reservoir powered river. First rate café and lovely buzz about the place – almost a destination for a cruise from the Midlands in its own right. On route Allan and Vanessa spotted a white bear but to country folk it was a sheep standing on its hind legs reaching up a fence to get some young tree branches…
And then the last leg together chasing Allan home

But he got beaten up one hill be a cyclist

I wholeheartedly agree with Vanessa’s thanks to the ‘northern’ members who pulled this event together and recommend it to anyone who can make it next time.
Hugh

this user is offline HughBug

• Beach Buggy
  • Kent, UK
  • Kyote
Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 03:41:42 PM
Another set of excellent shots; also very calendar-worthy ;)

Cheers :)

Hugh the 2nd
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing........warning - this user has very little knowledge :D

this user is offline Vanessa

• Buggy Addict
Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 03:58:11 PM
Excellent photos Hugh and I can't stop laughing at the photo with the jellyfish. I'm sure it was a welsh polar bear too  ;D ;D ;D

this user is offline Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 04:09:23 PM
Well I get that living in Birmingham doesn't expose Allan to many jellyfish or sheep but where did he get the polar idea from. A school trip to Dudley Zoo ?
Hugh