Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2020, 04:53:49 PM

Elec help wanted for 'real' car!

This is a discussion for the topic Elec help wanted for 'real' car! on the board Beach Buggy Electrical Help.

Author Topic: Elec help wanted for 'real' car!  (Read 565 times)

this user is online Manxdavid

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #15 on: September 07, 2019, 12:29:21 PM
Okay I'm having real trouble getting hold of the correct relay and with it being in a really awkward place can't really get my avo  under the dash. Can anyone suggest a way I can Mexicaneer a regular relay to work in place of this on just to get it thru the retest? Tia!

Photos printed on genuine ILFORD® paper.

"Ah, Beach Buggies, sure, just a quick cheap way of getting a few more years out of a rusty Beetle. You can throw one together in a weekend." anon.

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #16 on: September 07, 2019, 08:20:32 PM
Without looking to much into it could you just make a short loom for the replacement relay with male lucas terminals to plug into the vehicle relay socket where required.

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #17 on: September 07, 2019, 08:48:05 PM
Without looking to much into it could you just make a short loom for the replacement relay with male lucas terminals to plug into the vehicle relay socket where required.

That's what I'm planning but I really need to know what goes where as it's in such an awkward place and can't get my multi meter in.

"Ah, Beach Buggies, sure, just a quick cheap way of getting a few more years out of a rusty Beetle. You can throw one together in a weekend." anon.

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #18 on: September 20, 2019, 06:59:58 PM
Okay, quick update, the relay didn't work, there must be as break in the loom or an ecu fault, couldn't take a temp feed to the OEM fog lights as they're in the tailgate so it's now got a £2.99 light on the bumper and a £1.99 illuminated switch on the dash. Mot now passed, temp light soon to be removed! Job done! ;-)up