Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2020, 04:28:35 PM

Buggy Hunting

This is a discussion for the topic Buggy Hunting on the board Beach Buggies For Sale.

Author Topic: Buggy Hunting  (Read 2206 times)

this user is offline Flags

• Buggy Meister
  • Dorset
  • Orange
Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 08:18:02 PM
Your current budget is, in my opinion, a good one.  Beware of paying "too much" for what you get.  Just saying... ;-)up ;-)up

Couldn't have put that better  ;-)up ;-)up

At £3500 for a bare 1776 engine with no carbs, exhaust or ancillaries it shows that times and prices have changed, the value and cost of well-built and well spec'd Buggies is on the up. Classic parts such as wheels are demanding premium prices too (https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2244569) so unless you are happy to run Chinese chrome wheels there is another £1000 on wheels and tyres. Stick the stainless roll hoop, front nudge bar, engine cage, if you can find them since Flatlands scaled down on Buggy parts and a screen totalling at £1120 plus fitting kits and you are close to £6K.

Most of the Buggy is still missing at this stage.

I could not afford to build mine now so for a 'nice' one don't be scared of pushing the budget but take someone that knows before joining the smiles per hour club.

this user is offline Hunnybug

• Hunstanton, Norfolk
  • Manx
Reply #16 on: September 06, 2019, 08:48:06 PM
I agree with Flags, 'well built buggy prices are on the up'.
I recently advertised my Buggy on eBay, had sooo many stupid question I got fed up and ended the listing early.
One question was 'Does it have doors? ;D
Another asked 'if it had a roof? :-\ Pictures in the listing showed the soft top. ::)

Any way, since I removed the listing I've had several interested parties asking relative questions and offering to buy should I decide to sell in the future.

Just saying, definately more interest in good buggies with prices definately  on the up ;-)up
Leigh

this user is offline Validwarlord

• Nottinghamshire
  • MANX SWB
Reply #17 on: September 07, 2019, 01:39:54 PM
HI

Thanks for the info.

My search goes on I will be looking at a buggy with the correct V5 details and I know this will take longer but Im in no hurry this year next year the right one will come along.

As for the cost I will weigh this up when one comes along.
Buggies never get old the owners do!!!

• Nottinghamshire
  • MANX SWB
Reply #18 on: October 13, 2019, 08:54:05 AM
Hi All

My hunt is still on going was so close to owning one but the owner decided to keep it (Gutted)!!

Oh well  >:( >:(

this user is offline Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #19 on: October 13, 2019, 03:57:36 PM
Don’t despair as this is the best time of the year for having a range of buggy’s on the market as ‘reluctant sellers’ offer buyers the chance to own a ‘real head turner’ that ‘starts on the button’ and has ‘loads of receipts’ and had had ‘no end of money spent on it’. And some of these descriptions are fully correct!

Keep your shopping list firmly in your head and be ready to travel a few miles but somewhere out there is an addictive pile of issues mounted on four wheels waiting for your name on the V5.

But today’s tip is that your future buggy ain’t in Rome!
Hugh

• Nottinghamshire
  • MANX SWB
Reply #20 on: October 14, 2019, 12:59:14 PM
Hi Hugh

Very wise words and thanks for the boost, I am sure something will turn up sooner or later.

;-)up ;-)up ;-)up ;-)up

this user is offline Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #21 on: October 14, 2019, 01:08:22 PM
Of course you could always make Merscury an 'offer he can't refuse' for his buggy !
Hugh

• Nottinghamshire
  • MANX SWB
Reply #22 on: October 14, 2019, 04:57:14 PM
Already asked him Not For Sale he's telling me.

this user is offline Doon L040

• Northampton
  • Doon LWB
Reply #23 on: October 14, 2019, 09:48:32 PM
Already asked him Not For Sale he's telling me.

Hi Guys

I am thinking of possibly selling my LWB Doon Buggy.  She was built 2017 and was on display at the Volksworld Show. 

Built from all new parts, so no expense spared, currently completed less than 1000 miles since she was built.

She also has a bespoke mohair soft top and bikini top.

If interested then please pm me your email address so I can send you some images.

Potential home move causing reluctant sale.

• Nottinghamshire
  • MANX SWB
Reply #24 on: October 18, 2019, 06:44:14 AM
Hi

Thanks for letting me know your buggy is for sale unfortunately I am looking for SWB type.

By the sound of it your buggy will sell easily.

Dave