Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2019, 08:25:24 PM

Newbie - Looking for a Tramp

This is a discussion for the topic Newbie - Looking for a Tramp on the board Newbie Welcome Area.

Author Topic: Newbie - Looking for a Tramp  (Read 734 times)

this user is offline Superleggera5

Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 03:18:21 PM
It was last taxed in 1986 so could well have not moved since you sold it. Does your family have any records anywhere from the sale about who bought it and/or where it went? If you can remember where you advertised it, local paper, shop window etc it may help jog memories so that you could ask on local Facebook groups etc.

Don't have any paperwork from when it was sold, but I know it was advertised and sold through Autotrader at the time.  And went out of our hands  on August 6, 1983, see first photo in this thread, taken in in Rattery just of the south edge of Dartmoor.   The buyer was not local to us but I don't know where he was from.

However, as mentioned already on this thread, and given that the Taxdisc has been due since March 1, 1987 it would seem that it only remained on the road a mere 3 1/2 years after we sold it (at least on the reg plates KOD 122 F), so it looks like one of the ones listed in running order will be my best bet.. . .

Reply #16 on: August 21, 2019, 04:58:22 PM
Another one for sale over the last month in Nottinghamshire, price is very good (sub 4k but does not have correct role bar and like many the central console of the dashboard has been shortened:

And yet another for sale in County Antrim at over 8k:

this user is offline Manxdavid

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #17 on: August 21, 2019, 05:31:47 PM
The one in Northern Ireland looks good but £4K over priced IMHO. It does have the correct roll bar and rear seat moulding (rare) though.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 05:34:32 PM by Manxdavid »
Photos printed on genuine ILFORD® paper.

"Ah, Beach Buggies, sure, just a quick cheap way of getting a few more years out of a rusty Beetle. You can throw one together in a weekend." anon.

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #18 on: August 21, 2019, 05:41:14 PM
This was my favorite Tramp, it used to be quite local local to me, owned by Osama Bin Laden's daughter in law (really!).

« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 06:12:51 PM by Manxdavid »

"Ah, Beach Buggies, sure, just a quick cheap way of getting a few more years out of a rusty Beetle. You can throw one together in a weekend." anon.

this user is offline Manxrod

• Buggy Meister
  • Cullompton Devon
  • Myers Manx. MK1GP swb
Reply #19 on: August 24, 2019, 05:08:28 AM
Where in Devon were you ? as I live in Devon near Honiton and my Dad and older brother built a Tramp back in 1970 ours was green like the demonstrator. I found it a few years back and was going to try to buy it and restore it back to its former glory however on further investigation it had been shortened so that was that. It’s unusual to see several for sale in recent times as there aren’t that many around. Good luck your search .
make it if you can.

Reply #20 on: August 26, 2019, 03:45:46 PM
Where in Devon were you ? as I live in Devon near Honiton and my Dad and older brother built a Tramp back in 1970 ours was green like the demonstrator. I found it a few years back and was going to try to buy it and restore it back to its former glory however on further investigation it had been shortened so that was that. It’s unusual to see several for sale in recent times as there aren’t that many around. Good luck your search .

Near Buckfast/buckfastleigh it also spent a lot of time in torbay area with the fix owner/builder who was in the forestry commission, the car was a daily driver for both him and later us.

Reply #21 on: August 26, 2019, 03:46:46 PM
This was my favorite Tramp, it used to be quite local local to me, owned by Osama Bin Laden's daughter in law (really!).

Do you know the issue number of total VW that this was published in?

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #22 on: August 27, 2019, 08:00:16 PM

Do you know the issue number of total VW that this was published in?

July '98, volume 1 issue 4, there was a poster of the buggy in it too but mine is long lost.

this user is offline chrisbarker

• Buggy Lord
  • Abinger Dorking
  • lwb gt
Reply #23 on: October 18, 2019, 07:00:46 PM
Welcome matey
the arc built by Amateurs,the titanic built by professionals nuff said