Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2019, 02:29:28 PM

Another MOT question!

This is a discussion for the topic Another MOT question! on the board Beach Buggy General Help.

Author Topic: Another MOT question!  (Read 702 times)

this user is online Manxdavid

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • LL68, Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #15 on: July 23, 2019, 12:30:15 PM
Easiest is to accept what the V5 says and just mot it. I sent Dave the details of an old Ford that omn the DVSA mot data base had 2 pages of failures in Feb 19 but somw were examiners lack of knowledge. However this car was at a meet last week and the DVLA tax site shows taxed, no mot and mot not due till May 2020.

So what the ANPR susyem show is a guess but I would think it is liable for a pull.

After the MOT fail they probably just taxed it and declared exemption, the May 2020 date will be when it needs taxing and re-declaring as MOT exempt.
Photos printed on genuine ILFORDŽ paper.

"Ah, Beach Buggies, sure, just a quick cheap way of getting a few more years out of a rusty Beetle. You can throw one together in a weekend." anon.

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #16 on: July 23, 2019, 12:51:02 PM
Declaring exception after being recorded as a failure is just asking for trouble    :-X
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is online Manxdavid

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • LL68, Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #17 on: July 23, 2019, 02:02:55 PM
Declaring exception after being recorded as a failure is just asking for trouble    :-X

Classic case of DVLA and DVSA having different computer systems and not knowing their own let alone each other's rules though. He'd only get in trouble as a result of an accident or a (few and far between) spot check. Bonkers!
Photos printed on genuine ILFORDŽ paper.

"Ah, Beach Buggies, sure, just a quick cheap way of getting a few more years out of a rusty Beetle. You can throw one together in a weekend." anon.

this user is offline Mickyb

• Buggy Lord
  • Worcester Park
  • GP MK2 LWB
Reply #18 on: July 23, 2019, 09:33:12 PM
Dave I will speak to you at Swanage. I not trying to get my buggy MOT exempt I just want to find out when it was converted.