Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2019, 06:31:21 PM

VW Action - Santa Pod - Friday 30th August - Sunday 1st September 2019

This is a discussion for the topic VW Action - Santa Pod - Friday 30th August - Sunday 1st September 2019 on the board Events, Cruises and Gatherings.

Author Topic: VW Action - Santa Pod - Friday 30th August - Sunday 1st September 2019  (Read 796 times)

this user is offline Roadrunner

• Buggy Meister
  • Henlow, Bedfordshire, UK
  • FF LWB
VW Action is coming up at the end of August/beginning of September.

I have been approached by Brian Burrows who runs the show because he would like to have a display of 12 buggies in the Marquee. Nice or unusual buggies were the request, but really lets get the 12. 

VW Action isn't like bug jam or the other Santa Pod shows.  It's a far more relaxed family affair and only takes up the grass side of the track.  There is still the drag racing going on and plenty of other things.

https://www.vwaction.co.uk/vwaction/

We should be able to get club camping at the show and FF Buggies will have a trade stand there, like we have for the previous 2 years.  That means that Snowy's and my buggies will be on the trade stand.

Any buggies on top of the 12 will be grouped together for display in front of the FF stand which will be close to the marquee.

There is also the VW Action Olympics, which could be a giggle.

What I'm looking for is who is willing to commit for the weekend and who would be interesting in getting club camping too.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 05:06:51 PM by Dave DND »

this user is offline Big GP

• Buggy Lord
  • Essex
  • Sidewinder
    • Southern Dune Buggy Club
Mines unusual simply by the fact itís rarely seen.

Although seen more often than Andy Robinsonís

• Buggy Meister
  • FF LWB
Anyone else?  Seems a shame we cannot get a good representation at this.

this user is offline Zip Buggy

• Buggy Meister
  • Bourne, Lincs
  • FF Buggy LWB
    • Zip Buddy
I might be up for this Gordon, including camping. Need another old FF?
Who needs prozac when you can drive a buggy?

this user is offline evilsea

• Beach Buggy
  • Stamford
  • East Coast Manx 1911cc type 4
Yup, I'm up for it

this user is offline madmatt

• Buggy Obsessed
  • bath/frome
  • sidewinder
I'm going but hopefully staying in the pits, my mate is racing his rusty old van. Will ask how much hassle it may be as will be towing. Will it be under cover all weekend? Will speak to you at swanage.
The more you know,the more you know you don't know

this user is offline evilsea

• Beach Buggy
  • Stamford
  • East Coast Manx 1911cc type 4
So have we any numbers for this yet?

• Buggy Meister
  • FF LWB
Nothing definite, if anyone want to club camp please pm me before this weekend

• Buggy Meister
  • FF LWB
Given up on trying to sort out club camping due to the total lack of response from anyone on here or on Facebook. 

Disappointing with so many of we cannot sort out a proper display at this show  :'( :'( :'(

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Given up on trying to sort out club camping due to the total lack of response from anyone on here or on Facebook. 

Disappointing with so many of we cannot sort out a proper display at this show  :'( :'( :'(

Maybe too many of us are of an age when we can remember what Santa Pod can be like   :-X

The six foot poo mountain in the gents cubicle and how people were literally clinging to the walls to add to it, is an image I will never get out of my head

Drugfest and Buggies are not a great mix in the middle of the night, so I will be giving that event a really wide berth from now on.
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Buggy Meister
  • FF LWB
But VW Action isn't like that.  It's a smaller more family orientated show.  It is only on the grass side of the track and isn't organised by Santa Pod themselves, but is hosted by Brian Burrows.

Action was originally a show at Stoneleigh, but moved.

I have been for the last 2 years trading there and will be there again this year.  The toilets have been fine.  There are shower cubicles available, which were regularly cleaned last year.

It really isn't Bugjam, and we shouldn't let other shows at a venue tarnish all of them.

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Mr Burrows and I go back about 30 years or so, and I have traded at his shows for more years than I care to remember

I remember Action not only from Stoneleigh, but I was also part of the Stevenage Crew when we took it over and ran it at the Herts Showground before it changed a few times and ended up at Santa Pod with Brian over recent years.

Smaller Show?  Yes
Will there be trouble? Usually
Is it family friendly? During daylight hours, yes
Will there be far too many drugs? Probably
Worth Going to ?  Yes, if you have never done it, you should go - everyone should try every event and make their own minds up

Me?  Did it for 20 years straight, seen enough and just don`t fancy it any more - from what I have heard over recent years, not a lot has changed, just scaled down.  Its not the fault of the show, just those that frequent the Pod too often

01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
In fairness Gordon, I am being a little harsh against a show (or indeed venue) that I have not been to for the last few years - I would like to give it the benefit of the doubt and hope that it has cleaned up and become a family friendly show deserving of the name "VW Action"

I was merely replying to your post about lack of interest and thinking that most on here are of a certain age and probably vowed never to go back to Santa Pod.

01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
For those reading here that remember VW Action in the late eighties, and what an awesome family show it was, make sure to put "Dubs in he Middle" in your calendar for next year, (May) As the little show run in Evesham by Natalie is just about as close to that sort of old skool show as you can get.

For those going to Santa Pod - please, a full show report upon your return  ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
VW Action used to be at Stafford Show Ground before the move to Stoneleigh which was the last place I visited it as one visit to Sana Pod was enough. Dave mentioned Dubs in the Middle as a good show there is another at the same venue in September Dubs of Anarchy a VW and bike show also run by Natalie.