Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2019, 10:33:45 AM

IBW 2019 - Holland - What else could have possibly gone wrong?

This is a discussion for the topic IBW 2019 - Holland - What else could have possibly gone wrong? on the board GB Buggies.

Author Topic: IBW 2019 - Holland - What else could have possibly gone wrong?  (Read 4538 times)

this user is offline Flags

• Buggy Meister
  • Dorset
  • Orange
Another great write up Dave on another great IBW, the drama doesn't stop there; a truck had mounted the central reservation and jack knifed on the M25 which meant a 3 hour tail back. stop start traffic meant that my overly HD clutch eventually beat my clutch cable shortner just as the M25 reopened. No drama we thought as I managed to push it on to the hard shoulder while the traffic was still crawling. Then I called recovery knowing that if they get me to the services it would be a 20 minute fix.

2 and a half hours later it arrived to be told that if they dropped me at the services then that would be it if they (Me) could not fix it. Then he tells me he can't take me all the way but must drop me off for a relay at the services anyway?

Bonus I thought as I could fix it then cancel the relay. No!

When he loaded it he turned the ignition on for the steering lock and left it on.
20 minutes after being dropped off it was fixed so I thought, went to start it and the battery was proper flat, at this point an AA breakdown driver that had broken down and was also waiting for recovery asked if I wanted to borrow his jump pack, bonus I'm thinking, No!

The ignition had been on for so long the electric fuel pump had pumped 3 litres of fuel into the engine case! Lucky I checked before I tried it.

2 hours later the relay driver arrived for the next leg home.

So after 12 and a bit hours we finally made it back from Harwich.

Bloody funny weekend in the 'What he said was' tent though.

Roll on the next 1.

this user is offline Doon L001

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • Nr Leek Staffordshire
  • DOON LWB
Get well soon Scott

Great write up Dave, one question, what about the lion?
Dave - Doon LWB 1st one made  ;-)up Name "Weather Permitting"

this user is online Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
one question, what about the lion?

:-\
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • Nr Leek Staffordshire
  • DOON LWB
Surely you remember the little orange lion that got hidden in a buggy at the end of the previous Dutch IBW

Thought that became a firm IBW tradition along with pegs

this user is online Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
The peg game was in evidence on Saturday night for sure, but I haven`t seen the lion again
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
The lion has not been seen abroad since the last Dutch IBW guess somebody took him home and he likes it there.

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Prince
  • Nr Leek Staffordshire
  • DOON LWB
I thought it at least made Belgium. Oh well, probably wasn't in a fit state to pay too much attention