Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2020, 01:17:07 AM

IVA if replacing the original body with tubular frame?

This is a discussion for the topic IVA if replacing the original body with tubular frame? on the board Beach Buggy IVA / SVA Help.

Author Topic: IVA if replacing the original body with tubular frame?  (Read 831 times)

this user is offline MMeNDtal

• Shetland
Reply #15 on: June 03, 2019, 06:16:55 AM
Hi I have just done this myself,built my own tubular frame and bolted it on. You need to keep everything original from the donor beetle and just inform them of body change( unless you are changing colour,number of seats etc). I changed all 3 on v5 and sent it away. I had to fill out some forms stating everything was original with photos,sent it off again,got another reply asking if chassis had been modified and was tubular frame welded to chassis. I confirmed chassis was unaltered and frame was bolted on picking up original holes in chassis,sent it back,got new v5 back couple off weeks later now convertible,colour changed and number of seats.
That's awesome! Any pictures?

this user is offline Jbug61

• Ipswich
Reply #16 on: June 04, 2019, 06:32:52 PM
That's got me wondering now just checked my other v5's i've got a few for my other buggies and beetles and there is a section for number of seats but none of mine have anything beside them. When I got the docs for the one I've just built it came back with number of seats 4 it's now 2 . I have some photos on my phone I will have to try and post some( haven't done that for a long time!!!!) .

this user is offline Manxdavid

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #17 on: June 04, 2019, 06:38:47 PM
That section is usually reserved for mini busses and the like.
Photos printed on genuine ILFORDŽ paper.

"Ah, Beach Buggies, sure, just a quick cheap way of getting a few more years out of a rusty Beetle. You can throw one together in a weekend." anon.

this user is offline fugglededumm

• Buggy Baron
  • IOW
  • UVA Fugitive
Reply #18 on: July 06, 2019, 05:50:50 PM
Sure I saw somewhere a letter that was Q&A about the 8 point rule from a DVLA Engineer, very detailed and useful - I can't find it on here (might even have been a scan of a letter), anyone else remember it or has better Google Fu ?