Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2020, 12:07:53 AM

Is it the end of my buggy build?

This is a discussion for the topic Is it the end of my buggy build? on the board Beach Buggy IVA / SVA Help.

Author Topic: Is it the end of my buggy build?  (Read 427 times)

this user is offline rawhide

• SIDEWINDER
on: June 16, 2019, 10:34:10 PM
Hi
Its time to decide what to do with my buggy build I started 9 years ago. Yes I know. Long time. Illness, kids getting married, kids buying houses, grand children and so on. And in all this time a lot has changed in terms of IVA. Its not far completed sort of.
It not registered so no V5. Its been shortened. Am I right in saying that there is no way I can this passed now being its been modified?
Whats my options? Is there any point in carrying on? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
DJ

this user is online Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 11:18:19 PM
9 years is nothing   :-X

"Technically" you should be putting through an IVA as it is indeed a new build, others on here can guide you through that one.

However, what do you mean not registered? Have you never had a number plate or V5 for the vehicle at all?

Donor chassis must have had something else how did you ensure it was not stolen?

Have you tried searching any of the official sites with a chassis number to determine the reg number ?

I seem to recall that you may be able to trace a reg number with DVLA using a chassis number, but cannot remember how?

That would be my first thing to try.
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 06:52:22 AM
Lwb or swb buggy, nothing has changed over the last 9 years except the IVA has become stricter. As David says mire details are needed.

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Meister
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 04:46:02 PM
Don`t give up   ;-)up ;-)up

this user is offline Dipsy Deb

• Beach Buggy
  • Gwent
  • LWB Rat
Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 05:20:19 PM
Hi can I just stick in my two penny worth.  When I bought my buggy it had been off the road for 11 years, and was a non runner when I bought it last October.  Mainly little niggly problems which many on here have heard about, but with the help and advice from this forum mine now runs (still needs little jobs doing ) but the fun in driving it when it's running well is worth all the hassle.
Same as Paul said don't give up it will get there in the end. Cheers Deb
🔷Dipsy Deb

this user is offline rawhide

• SIDEWINDER
Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 08:19:51 PM
Cheers all. I bought it as a rolling chassis from a breakers for 50.00. It had no V5 with it. It does have a chassis no, but no trace of its original plate unfortunately. I'll finish it regardless see what happens. I'll keep hammering on as you say. Thanks  ;-)up

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 08:31:48 PM
 you could by another pan or complete donor with a V5 and reg if you are still early in the build swapping a body and axles is easy enough.