Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2019, 02:28:19 PM

Retro Rides at Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb

This is a discussion for the topic Retro Rides at Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb on the board I know what you did last Summer . . ..

Author Topic: Retro Rides at Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb  (Read 1090 times)

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
on: May 07, 2019, 01:42:23 PM
Here's a listing for the Retro Rides event that some of us went to last year but sadly it clashes with NEWS.

Sunday 18th August
Shelsley Walsh Hill climb
WR6 6RP
Tickets £10 in advance, £15 on gate

The Retro Rides Gathering returns again to the historic Shelsley Walsh Hill climb in Worcestershire. As always we will bring together our mix of club stands and RWYB hill climb action, along with invited guest cars, retro parking, trade stands, prizes and our great laid back atmosphere.

Our club stands always attract a diverse range of clubs in ever increasing numbers, this year we have even more room for them, we'll also be able to host the Retro Parking in the same field. So far we have well over a thousand retro club stand cars booked in across over seventy clubs and we expect this number to continue rising.

Guest cars are one of our favourite parts of the show, giving us the excuse to make cars we really want to see attend the show. In the past we have been the first event in the UK to bring a competing Berg Cup car to the UK from Europe and run it up the hillclimb. We've bought over mind blowing 1000bhp monsters and had rare race cars take to the hill at our events. This year we're planning even more special cars for our guest slots, so keep an eye on our facebook page for updates.

Please note: No dogs are allowed on site

Club displays are a core part of Retro Rides Gathering with thousands of cars spread over hundreds of clubs attending. We welcome clubs made up of predominantly pre-98 cars, nothing on new style number plates please.

To book a club stand head to our Events System, select RR Gathering and put your club details in.

Nearer the event we will send out club passes to you so you can distribute them to your members, club passes are not tickets, attendees will still need to purchase tickets

If you aren't part of a club but you turn up in a pre-95-ish* car you'll be directed to our Retro Parking area that is part of the show field.

* or classic shaped Mini, or last edition Beetle, and we even let some stuff post 95 in depending on how full the field is, so bring your car, and enjoy the day.

Through out the day the hill at Shelsley Walsh will be alive with the sound of engines, from the small to the large we'll see all sorts attempting to get to the top of the hill as quickly or smoothly as possible.

Track time for this year will be released in July.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 09:02:56 PM by Dave DND »
Hugh

this user is offline Vanessa

• Buggy Addict
Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 08:33:10 PM
This was a great day out last year. We've not heard anything about NEWS so this is a good standby for us  ;-)up

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 09:04:12 PM
DUBS at the Beach (SDBC) is also on this weekend    ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 12:00:29 PM
I haven't purchased any advanced tickets this year let alone booked a club stand but I think I'll go to this.

So if anyone would like me to get them an advanced ticket (£10 v £15) then let me know and I'll ask early next week if Retro Rides are still selling such.

The way it works is even if you haven't reserved a club stand, if you turn up in a suitably Retro vehicle on the day you can park in the club area of the 'field'. So if you come at the last minute you can still park among a curious array of non buggys... 
Hugh

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 09:01:41 AM
Will have to check what is happening with NEWS you may get some more entries.

this user is offline bear

• Beach Buggy
  • Baja bug
Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 07:46:09 AM
Thanks Hugh

this user is online paul

• Beach Buggy
  • Birmingham
  • ctr
Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 08:41:34 AM
Hi Hugh, is it too late to add me and Jude to the list?

this user is online paul

• Beach Buggy
  • Birmingham
  • ctr
Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 04:21:58 PM
Hi Hugh, I have added Gaz and Tiff to the list at their request if thats's ok and not too late?

1] Hugh
2] Carl + 1
3] Vanessa + 1
4] Allan + 1
5] Dave C & Gail
6] & 7] Vicky and snoopy 2 buggies probably
8] Bear
9] Paul and Jude
10] Gaz and Tiff

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #8 on: August 18, 2019, 05:46:28 PM
Thanks to the weather and the chirpy attitudes of one and all we had a great day.

Had to queue to get in

But my buggy came home much cleaner and sparklier than it went or in fact has ever been...

Keith spotted a car he could fit in

But the summer chrome wasn't to his liking

The car with the most style that went up the hill

Someone who had studied Carl's well built and impressively eye-catching buggy

This cut its own tread as it climbed the hill

General agreement that Lee was the only person we knew who'd be a natural fit for the look of this buggy

[url=https://postimg.cc/G8hzyTz8]

Quick pose by 3 Sidewinders - wheels all polished by Vanessa..

Then home

Hugh

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #9 on: August 18, 2019, 08:04:09 PM
Beetle based inverted goldfish bowl guess he was a fan of the Jetsons or alike, not a practical car for driving and not road legal with the front lights but very nicely done with some neat touches.

general areas

john the sparky was there in the rail and managed 2 runs up the hill but decided to look after the rebuilt motor until it was set up fully.

this user is online paul

• Beach Buggy
  • Birmingham
  • ctr
Reply #10 on: August 18, 2019, 08:14:17 PM
Thanks for organising the tickets Hugh, was a great day with a brilliant pitch, can you request the same spot for next year?! :D

this user is online Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #11 on: August 18, 2019, 08:48:41 PM
Well everyone in our party contributed in spades to the fun mood.

Iíll do my best to keep us at least in row B next year but that may depend upon guaranteeing you and Jude are coming along.

Hugh

this user is offline Johnthesparky

• Beach Buggy
  • North Bucks
  • UVA fugitive 4
Reply #12 on: August 18, 2019, 09:15:22 PM
Was a good day and the sun came out just to make the flake look awesome  :)

Good to see you again, and a good spot at the front

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #13 on: August 18, 2019, 09:36:18 PM
Seems next year we will be in the middle as it looks like they use 3 bands down the field and we went from the back last year to the front this year.

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #14 on: August 18, 2019, 10:38:48 PM
I reckon we need to find a campsite nearby and make a weekend of this one for next year   ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk