Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 13, 2019, 12:49:44 PM

GP LDV - The rise of Phoenix

This is a discussion for the topic GP LDV - The rise of Phoenix on the board Members Buggies.

Author Topic: GP LDV - The rise of Phoenix  (Read 5480 times)

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Addict
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #60 on: July 19, 2019, 11:04:57 AM
5"inch narrowed beam and 1" adapters ::) looks like I will be drilling and studding the discs :-[
I do not speak English well , please kindly give your patience to my wordy posts try to understand my words ... if there is anything wrong in my word's , do not take offence because what you see may be not my true meanings.

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #61 on: July 19, 2019, 11:23:30 AM
Wouldn`t it be easier in the long run to change the wheels to match the PCD rather than drilling and studding discs?
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Addict
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #62 on: July 19, 2019, 12:26:34 PM
Wouldn`t it be easier in the long run to change the wheels to match the PCD rather than drilling and studding discs?
Yes" but in the same way If I had used a stock rolling pan it would now be on the road" :D and it would still look the same as any other buggy""  I do have a slip from years ago for wheels outside of the body line :D,, and to get 10" and 7" slots in the body line is hard"" I can fit 5or6" slots on the front but I like to have tyres and front brakes that work not slide or lock up,,, As I'm going low the wheels have got to sit in the body line any way,,, I'm in no rush and I get more out of building them and I do driving or going to shows,,I had an mk1 as a daily drive for years, I had years of going to events and being lift to put up club gazebos etc why the show queens prop the bar up and talking boll...s,,
I do not speak English well , please kindly give your patience to my wordy posts try to understand my words ... if there is anything wrong in my word's , do not take offence because what you see may be not my true meanings.

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Addict
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #63 on: July 31, 2019, 09:34:21 AM
I got lucky and it saves me work :D  I got a set of 10x15 and 13x5.5 ;-)up Now I can get it low with no need for adapters but still need to drill the discs/drums