Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 27, 2021, 06:16:29 PM

IVA and steering / suspension modifications

This is a discussion for the topic IVA and steering / suspension modifications on the board Beach Buggy IVA / SVA Help.

Author Topic: IVA and steering / suspension modifications  (Read 937 times)

this user is offline h4rri

• Sunny Somerset
on: April 17, 2019, 06:26:05 PM
Hi,

I am revisiting the SWB vs LWB debate and have had a read of the manual.

What happens if I present a single donor vehicle SWB buggy but with modified steering [polo etc] OR modified suspension [air-reide etc]. Does this then mean I am Q bound?

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Veteran
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 07:27:38 PM
All IVA passed vehicles are re-registered and DVLA issues a Q plate.    There is no exception to this and once a vehicle has a Q plate it stays this way forever. There is no reason to be concerned with a Q plate. They will be worth having eventually

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 08:26:51 PM
There is no exception to this and once a vehicle has a Q plate it stays this way forever.

I now know of at least one Buggy out there that lost its Q in favour of an age related plate, not just heresay, but I have actually spoken to the person in question and waiting for some documentation so that I can work out how it slipped through the net

Don`t hold your breath though, it may take a while   ;)
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline h4rri

• Sunny Somerset
Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 09:37:26 PM
Ah thanks guys, I thought I could keep the original registration. I'm not concerned about the 'Q' at least it shows it's been inspected :)

Do I lose my free road tax status though?

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 11:00:05 PM
yes you pay road tax on a Q my 2000 cc is 255 a year up to 1500 is cheaper.

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 08:09:13 AM
On the plus side, a Q reg is unlikely to ever be "Inspected" again, so its a real blank canvass  ;-)up ;-)up
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Veteran
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 03:18:48 PM
There is no exception to this and once a vehicle has a Q plate it stays this way forever.

I now know of at least one Buggy out there that lost its Q in favour of an age related plate, not just heresay, but I have actually spoken to the person in question and waiting for some documentation so that I can work out how it slipped through the net

This is a new one to me Dave... I have been involved with many Q plated vehicles over the years...... This needs care in case it proves to be an error and the owner regrets not keeping quiet. There is wording in DVLA on-line documents, or was, quoting Q plate permanance.   ;-)up

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 05:12:37 PM
This is a new one to me Dave... This needs care in case it proves to be an error and the owner regrets not keeping quiet.

Oh trust me, I know how sensitive an issue this could be, but I also know what it could mean if I can fathom out a way to set a precedent of it too

I mention it here purely so you all know there is something going on behind the scenes, but not something we really want "discussed" on here (just yet)

;)
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk