Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 27, 2021, 06:06:37 PM

IVA Conundrum maybe?

This is a discussion for the topic IVA Conundrum maybe? on the board Beach Buggy IVA / SVA Help.

Author Topic: IVA Conundrum maybe?  (Read 2665 times)

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #30 on: June 10, 2020, 08:43:22 AM
Not sure that the ANPR systems the Police use would bring up that level of detail - they are more interested in establishing identity and legalities for being on the road.

That said . . . Should you get pulled into one of the numerous roadside VOSA inspections that take place around the country then that could be another thing. We have a few of those down here during tourist season as there are more cars about to sample. I got pulled into one of those a few years back in a Golf and the wheels could not have come to a stop before an emissions tube stuck up the exhaust and three guys with clipboards were scrutinizing my car - all over in a matter of minutes and told to be on my way.

Boys in blue may not be the issue here, but stick a load of jobsworths by the side of the road with a laptop and a clipboard and you may well have a problem.
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline Manxdavid

• Forum Moderator
  • Buggy Queen
  • Anglesey, North Wales.
  • Meyers Manx UK-00-002
Reply #31 on: June 10, 2020, 09:47:37 AM
I've only been stopped by the Plod once in 30+ years of buggy driving and I'm pretty sure that was just because he'd never seen on before and was curious. He did mutter something about it could do with mudflaps but all was good. Got stopped loads of times by multi agency checks when driving vans though, checking if I was 'signing on', running on red diesel or whatever, mostly staffed by young idiots who didn't have a clue, my dealings with VOSA/DVSA have proved that they know less and are more disarray that DVLA.

Saying that I'd happily but a buggy thru IVA with fold down aero screens with no demisters or wipers to worry about then swap bits over later. None of the agencies involved have any staff with any sort of in-depth knowledge about anything. My conscience would be clear.
Photos printed on genuine ILFORDŽ paper.

"Ah, Beach Buggies, sure, just a quick cheap way of getting a few more years out of a rusty Beetle. You can throw one together in a weekend." anon.

this user is offline JonFuller

• Beach Buggy
  • Surrey
  • Prowler
Reply #32 on: June 14, 2020, 10:41:26 AM
Not tax exempt. Goes to iva with current dvla registration so you need the v5c. Upon iva certification you apply to dvla with the relevent application form and ALL supporting documentation and upon approval you reveied new V5C with a Q registartion plate. No mot then needed until 3rd year. Q plate lives with buggy forever so no tax exemption applicable.

Are you saying that if put it through IVA, a Q plate is what you get? No chance of age related reg?

Jon

this user is offline Paul1953

• Buggy Veteran
  • Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham
  • MANX SWB
Reply #33 on: June 14, 2020, 04:42:31 PM
Thats correct. Once a Q plate always a Q plate ... This is per the .gov rulings. If anyone knows of a case where this has been overcome they will let you know.

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #34 on: June 14, 2020, 05:16:10 PM
Thats correct. Once a Q plate always a Q plate ... This is per the .gov rulings. If anyone knows of a case where this has been overcome they will let you know.

Someone on here has actually done it  ;-)up    but I cannot for the life of me remember who it was  :-\
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline pepsi81

• Buggy Veteran
  • Whitehaven, Cumbria
  • Purple GP 2
Reply #35 on: June 14, 2020, 07:30:40 PM
Very little GOV monitoring up here at the moment 👍

this user is offline IDA

• Buggy Obsessed
  • CHICHESTER
  • Mk2 Rat and LDV
Reply #36 on: June 14, 2020, 10:48:31 PM
I may need to look at all the posts Sorry...I got a Q off ... My old buggy was a Q as it had a type 4 engine and was classed as new build So got a Q plate and put as built from parts in 1984 on the v5 It was a pig to do and i got told no 2 times as well but I had no engine number.. But I got a beth certificate that gave me the engine number ;-) and the old reg number ;-)up before the sva you had no! chance! Sva opened the door a bit!! so in a nut shell If it is lwb all stock parts and numbers all add up .You! may get age related plates. It can be hard and A lot of work.. Would I do it now "no!! I sold an Irish man a Q plate chassis and he did say they have no Q plate so it would be put on age related plates. I can see Q getting stick!! soon! As they are being put on any thing!! I know of a B! cat bmw that was put on a vw Q to ship it out ::)..
I do not speak English well, please kindly give your patience to my wordy posts try to understand my words ... if there is anything wrong in my word's, do not take offense because what you see maybe not my true meanings.,,, Nuclear Convoy