Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2019, 05:59:08 AM

NEC restoration show 22nd 24th march 19

This is a discussion for the topic NEC restoration show 22nd 24th march 19 on the board I know what you did last Summer . . ..

Author Topic: NEC restoration show 22nd 24th march 19  (Read 1478 times)

this user is offline Vanessa

• Beach Buggy
Reply #30 on: March 24, 2019, 08:22:28 PM
Thank you all for a great but tiring weekend. A big thanks to Keith for organising and letting me bring my buggy last minute  ;-)up Great to meet Nav and his family and to see Badger finish his buggy. Here are a few photos from the weekend

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #31 on: March 24, 2019, 08:23:31 PM
A big thanks to the team who put their buggies on display for the show some at short notice, ludicruz  ;-)up nice to see you and the buggy at last, Badger top marks for getting there after only getting the tub on 6 days before the event (hope the drive home was easier) and the rest for putting the effort in to make a good 3 day event chatting to the visitors and Allan and Shaggy for taking on the you tube video crew.
Also managed to put a few faces to site names and get some new members.

an application for 2020 will be filled in.

this user is offline Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #32 on: March 25, 2019, 07:57:20 AM
Great shots Vanessa and Snoopy. Some undeniably stunning buggy’s so the visitors were spoilt for eye candy and exposure to a varied range of beautifully crafted creations.

Thursday to Sunday is a long stint so well done to one and all.
Hugh

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #33 on: March 25, 2019, 09:37:36 AM
Can I give a huge thank you for all those that made the effort to get their cars to the NEC for the show. It was great to put some new faces to names and return from the show with some new friends. Nav (Ludicruz) has now set the bar quite high for showing off and I don`t think he stopped grinning from ear to ear all weekend. It was great to meet some potential new members too, and share some updates and stories with existing ones.

But my biggest thanks must go to Snoopy and Vicky who not only put up with me for the duration, but spoiled me rotten as they always do with an endless supply of cakes and some awesome home cooking.
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline Hugh

• Buggy Veteran
  • North Herefordshire
  • Mantaray Mk II
Reply #34 on: March 25, 2019, 10:41:05 AM
'...spoiled me rotten as they always do with an endless supply of cakes and some awesome home cooking.'

So we now know "who ate all the pies" ?!
Hugh

this user is offline Dave DND

• Global Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • Paignton, Devon
  • Hustler GT
    • DND Services Ltd
Reply #35 on: March 25, 2019, 11:18:35 AM
'...spoiled me rotten as they always do with an endless supply of cakes and some awesome home cooking.'

So we now know "who ate all the pies" ?!

Cakes . . . Pies . . .  I even heard someone calling me "Doughnut Dave" at one point   ;D
01803-391680
dave@dndservices.co.uk

this user is offline Badger

• Buggy Baron
  • Bentley, Walsall
  • GP Ranchero
Reply #36 on: March 25, 2019, 01:11:53 PM
 ;D well you did eat the last one,,
I have to say for my first attending event it was brill and the banter was great, a huge thanks to Keith for putting up with my what's this how do you do that ohh can you show me and I'll remember next time  ;D, what a weekend I've had to go back to work for a rest.
 ;-)(-;  8)
Rich.

this user is offline LUDICRUZ

• Beach Buggy
  • Uxbridge, Middlesex
  • Custom Predator
Reply #37 on: March 25, 2019, 07:47:00 PM
its got to be the best 4 days away i have had at a car event. Everybody i met has been so friendly and welcoming and the whole atmosphere was so great it felt more like a reunion rather than a maiden meet at an event. Thank you to Dave DND for the initial invite up and a special mention to Keith who went out of his way to manage and host the event for everybody....outstanding job sir.....

Just a couple of videos and pics from Thursday during the build up session.....

https://i.imgur.com/nbc06Zl.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/d78be32.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/S8apO1H.mp4

Finally after several Beverages, Cakes, Biscuits, Chocolates, Doughnuts......we just about managed to get everyone in the frame......

THE HARDER I WORK, THE LUCKIER I GET - HENRY FORD

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #38 on: March 26, 2019, 07:43:55 AM
Nice post Nav, pleased you and the family felt at home with the buggy crew. The seeds for next years show have already been planted with a thank you e mail including comments on the good position stand and it's size.

this user is offline Dipsy Deb

• Gwent
  • Fibrefab Rat
Reply #39 on: March 26, 2019, 05:04:50 PM
Gutted I could not attend this year, but I am jealous of how fab all the buggys looked and one day mine might look like them or even work, when it's all back together.  I can but hope.  Cheers Dipsy Deb 👍
🔷Dipsy Deb