Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 15, 2018, 12:44:32 PM

Help with bumper and washers

This is a discussion for the topic Help with bumper and washers on the board Beach Buggy General Help.

Author Topic: Help with bumper and washers  (Read 97 times)

this user is offline Jimmy T

• Sunderland
  • White FF LWB
on: November 06, 2018, 04:04:34 PM
Hi,

I have a couple of things that you might be able to help me with.

Most off is the placement of the washer bottle. Where do you guys all have yours? Obviously the bonnet is removable and comes with the dash so the switch and the washer jets will come with the bonnet if removed so having the bottle mounted to the car is awkward.

Secondly is the bracing for the bumper I have (pictured below).
If anyone has one I would love to know where you braced it from on either side as the only way I can see is by welding a bracket to the the beam

Thanks
Jimmy

Raw knuckles and sore knees

this user is offline Zip Buggy

• Buggy Meister
  • Bourne, Lincs
  • FF Buggy LWB
    • Zip Buddy
Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 04:17:24 PM
My washer bottle sits on the tunnel at the front and yes I welded two brackets to the beam for the front bumper.
Who needs prozac when you can drive a buggy?

this user is offline snoopy

• MBC Moderator
  • Buggy Fanatic
  • evesham. 07757010432
  • Kango ss/ Jas lwb
Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 05:50:25 PM
your bonnet and dash will not be a simple lift off quick release set up it will require parts disconnecting first  so washer bottle up in the passenger foot well, we have a screw off one made from an aluminium drinking water bottle with the top secured to the tub side or off e bay you can get a washer bottle bag with built in pump, mounting bracket and full wiring kit with switch for about 7.50.

this user is offline Jimmy T

• Sunderland
  • White FF LWB
Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 06:21:54 PM
Brackets on the beam it is then... shouldn't be hard to sort. Thanks for that.
My fuse box is centre above the firewall so I think I will have my washer somewhere well clear of that :P

your bonnet and dash will not be a simple lift off quick release set up it will require parts disconnecting first  so washer bottle up in the passenger foot well, we have a screw off one made from an aluminium drinking water bottle with the top secured to the tub side or off e bay you can get a washer bottle bag with built in pump, mounting bracket and full wiring kit with switch for about 7.50.

I've managed to keep it all quick release so far with regards to the wiring and the way its mounted.
I'm quickly realising though that the filler cap and washers will be the exception to this.
I already have the parts, so I'll make work what I can.
Raw knuckles and sore knees